Smell of Smoke

'I ran as fast as my small legs could go through the house. I could hear his thudding footsteps behind me getting closer. I rounded the corner and got to the door, upon opening the door I was ripped back harshly by my hair falling on my butt. I lose my vision for a few seconds as I reel in pain. There was a loud crack as the door was thrown shut. There was a deep sadistic laughter.
"You think I'd let you go that easily? You're dumber than I thought.." once I got my vision back I looked up and saw my dad. He lifted his leg and went to kick me.'

Amy woke up in a cold sweat and yelped, her body was shaking and she was struggling to breath in the musty motel room they had. Mark shuffles next to her and gets up, trying to calm her down.
"Hey, Amy shhhh, shhh. It was just a dream. You're safe with me hon, I promise." He says in a comforting tone, gently guiding her to lay on his chest and rubs small circles on her shoulder and back. She slowly regained her breath sitting us from her boyfriend's chest, him doing the same after her. "You need a cigarette?" Mark asked softly, still tried.
"Yeah, I might.." Amy said just above a whisper. Mark stood and threw his leather jacket over his bare chest and loosely pulling pants on only zipping them. He walked over to Amy, who was mostly dressed to begin with, finished pulling her boots on. Mark held his hand out to her to help her up off of the bed. She took it and smiled letting him pull her up into a soft kiss. He pulled away and walked with her outside their room to the dark and bitter cold of south Oakland. A heavy morning mist setting on the damp empty asphalt of the parking lot. Mark packed his cigarettes before pulling two out, lighting Amy's before his. They smoked in silence before Amy spoke. "I'm thinking of getting another tattoo."
Mark let out a soft chuckle, "That doesn't surprise me." He let out a toothy grin when Amy gave him a displeased look. "What of babe?"
"Your name, with like a galaxy pattern behind it." She took a long draw of her cigarette before looking over to Mark who had a goofy smile on his face.
"Really? My name?" He said with a small laugh.
"Yes your name. What you don't think I love you that much?" She smiled softly up at the taller man.
"No one loves me that much. You're just crazy." He let out a laugh and threw his finished cigarette to the ground and stomped it out.
"I am crazy, crazy for you." She giggled and kissed him again, tossing hers as well. "Come on, let's get back to bed." Mark opened the door for her and they changed back to what they wore before. Crawling back into the bed, Amy laying herself along Mark's side with her head on his chest. The pair falling asleep to the smell of smoke and the sound of each other breathing.

Ayy! I hope you guys enjoyed. It was a short 531 words but it was fun to write!