They Found Me, So I'm Leaving

(Third Person POV)

"Come on, Dean. I know she's a hunter." Sam stood up and began looking through the boxes laid all throughout Hope's office.

"Just because she was looking up the dead guys at her own work, doesn't mean she's a hunter."

"She had a ton of books about Lores, demons, shifters, Angels, vamps, werewolves... You name it." Sam went from box to box.

"What about this?" Dean picked up the black notebook from off her desk and started to flip through the pages. "Sam." Dean called Sam over to him.

"Yeah?" Sam walked towards Dean, looking over his shoulder at the notebook filled with writing and drawings.

"You were right." Dean continues to flip through the battered pages, skimming every page carefully.

"Wow. She knows more than dad." Sam raised his eyebrows also skimming the page.

Dean handed Sam the notebook, who started to read it, and Dean started to go through Hope's desk drawer. "And... This." Dean pulled out an angel sword from the drawer.

"What the hell? Where'd she get that?" Sam put down the notebook and studied the sword. Just then the door began to open.

"Put it back!" Dean yelled in a whisper, taking the sword from Sam and putting it back into the drawer.

~~~
(Hope's POV)

I quickly opened my office door and then remembered Sam and Dean were still in there.

Damnit.

I took a deep breath and walked in the room like nothing happened.

"Can we do this some other time?" I asked politely going through the papers on my desk.

Just as they stood up, I noticed my drawer was open. The one with my angel sword. Then my notebook was on the other side of the desk, from where I left it.

I looked up at Sam and Dean. "Did you...?" I couldn't quite think of what to say. I mean I knew they were hunters but, I don't know for sure...

They both nervously smiled. Just then Mr. Reed came bursting through my office door and slammed it behind him.

"Screw it." I say as Sam and Dean turned to look at him. "Okay, I know your hunters and you know I'm a hunter." I lied. Well, I'm human now, so that's not really lying.

I guess. I pulled out my sword and jumped over my desk, past Sam and Dean.

Mr. Reed took a swing, I ducked and stabbed him in the stomach. "Angels? Angels did this?" Dean asks, turning to Sam.

Mr. Reed's blue lights flashed in his eyes and he fell to the ground. I pulled my knife out of him and wiped the blood off on the Mr. Reed's dead body.

I ran over to my desk, grabbed my jacket, phone, notebook and angel sword. "I have to go."

"Wait! What are you doing?" Sam asked running up to me.

"I have to run. I have to get out of this town." I was running out of my office leaving the life I had created, behind.

"Why? You just killed an angel... Shouldn't you be-" I cut Dean off.

"You don't get, do you?" I turned around to face them.

Sam looked at Dean than to me. "What?"

"Why do you think those angels are here? Their on my ass. They've been following me. Now they know where I am. So I have to run." I explained before turning to leave once again.

I ran out of the building and into my car that was in its reserved parking spot. But Sam and Dean were still following me. "Hope!"

I unlocked my car and turned to face them one last time. "Yeah?"

"You can't just- I mean... Where..." Sam stumbled over his words.

"Are you having a seizure or something?" I asked studying Sam, jokingly.

He smiled. "Look, I've gotta go. Give me your hand." I took Sam's hand in mine, grabbed a marker from my bag and wrote my cell number on his hand. "Call me. I'll explain everything. But I'll be in Ohio by tomorrow morning."

I didn't let them respond as I got in my car, and drove away.

~~~

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I slowly opened my eyes.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I took a deep breath, grabbed my phone off my nightstand, sat up in my bed, and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked in a tired voice, rubbing my eyes.

"Hope?" It was Sam.

"Yeah?" I asked rolling out of my bed. This was the last time sleeping in my warm cozy bed, in my nice little apartment. I had a bag packed and I would flee the state just as I woke up.

"There's been two more deaths." Sam said.

I wait for him to continue, but he doesn't. "And?" I asked beginning to change as I held the phone up to my ear.

"And... I thought..."

"I told you, I'm leaving. Why would it be my problem?" I asked.

"Because people are dying!" Oh. Right. The whole sympathy thing. I gotta remember that.

"Okay, fine. But after I help you, I'm leaving." I told him taking a deep breath.

"Thank you. Plus you still owe me an explanation." He answered.

"Yeah, yeah." And I hung up on him.