|07|

I lay on the ground overlooking a campfire we set up. The others were talking or getting ready to sleep as it was nightfall. I was thinking about what had happened today. The images in my mind were something I had not experienced since my first time in Narnia. I felt my eyes get heavy as the fire dwindled and before I knew it I was asleep.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was no longer at the campfire, but I was flying above a castle courtyard. The darkness made it hard to see, but the moon highlighted the millions of dead Narnian bodies that lay there, blood covering their armor. I felt sick seeing this, but as soon as it had come the scene changed. I was now in a room, fire everywhere as people yelled, I looked again and saw that they were Telmarines. I looked down and my eyes widened. There lay Tumnus, his body pale and blood staining his scarf. The scene changed again, this time it was Edmund on the ground. A chilling voice filled my ears and I shivered. "You really thought you could save him? You thought your death had appeased the dark magic? Edmund will die a traitor as he was supposed to and you will watch, being the weak girl you always have been. You are no daughter of Aslan."

~~~~

I woke up to smoke in my face, not a pleasant feeling really. Once I managed to get it out of my eyesight, I looked around for its source. Upon looking around I saw it was just the fire burning out. I also saw that two of our group were missing. "Susan! Susan wake up! Its Peter and Lucy they are gone!" I whisper yelled. Susan shot up and grabbed her bow. I woke up the others and we quickly made our way into the woods. There was no sign of life, but Trumpkin seemed to know where he was going. As we neared a valley we heard shouting and the clashing of swords. Susan and I started to run.

"Peter!" Susan yelled as we reached him and Lucy. Peter was standing, a sword to his neck, a tall dark haired boy next to him. The boy looked at us. "High King Peter?" He asked. Peter nodded, "I believe you called?" The boy must have been Prince Caspian. He looked at us all, before lingering his eyes on Susan. "I thought you would be older." He replied. "Well if you want we can come back in a few years?" Peter snapped back, trying to be witty. I have a feeling this could get interesting. "No, no. You're just not what I expected." Caspian stuttered, again looking at Susan. "Neither are you." Edmund said, I followed his gaze to a Minotaur. "A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." A badger stated. I shuddered, thinking of my dream last night.

A large mouse scampered to our sides and addressed us. "We anxiously awaited your return, your highnesses," I smiled at his formal address of the Pevensies. The mouse wore a small sword hooked to a leather belt wrapped around his waist and a gold ring with a bright red feather around his ear. "Our hearts and swords are at your service," He bowed.

"Oh my gosh he is so cute," I heard Lucy mumble to Susan. I laughed slightly, that was such a Lucy thing to say. The mouse withdrew his sword from his felt and cautiously took his stance while flicking his head in every direction. "Who said that?" He demanded. Lucy shifted around sheepishly. "Sorry," The mouse was slightly taken back and embarrassed by his sudden outburst at the Queen.

"Your majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might more befit a Knight of Narnia,"

"Well," Peter started. "At least we know some of you can handle a blade,"

"Yes indeed," the mouse nodded. "And I have recently put It to good use," I looked at Edmund, he was already looking at me. He smiled at me, I smiled back.

"Good," Peter turned to Caspian, who was glaring at him, "Because we are gonna need every sword we can get,"

"Well then," Caspian replied smartly. "You'll probably be wanting yours back," he pointed the hilt of the sword towards Peter, who took it with a scowl on his face and sheathed it angrily. And with that Peter spun on his heel and began walking to the unknown destination. Along with the Narnian's, I followed.

Edmund ran up to me, obviously trying to talk. "Alex! Are you alright? You seemed kind of distant this morning." He said, gasping for air. I looked at him and nodded. "I'm okay Ed, just a bad dream is all." He still looked unsure but he let it go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is it true? You are the daughter of Aslan?" Caspian said we had been talking for most of the journey. "Yes. He is my father." I replied. He smiled at me. "Well then Alex, you would probably like to look at this." He stated as we entered a clearing. It was a massive field with a huge old stone structure at the end of it. "This is Aslan's how" Caspian announced to the group. I gaped. This was all for my father. The others started to walk to the how, but I stayed put. I felt a presence come next to me. " Even your father cannot save the boy now Alex. He will die." The word 'die' echoed in my thoughts.