|14|

We wasted no time in getting ready to attack, we had planned for this to happen - Telmarines were not exactly 'trust worthy'. Our soldiers launched forward with their weapons in hand. I took a deep breath and clutched my sword, this was it. I was nervous as usual, I didn't use a sword. But I needed to be more hands on, a bow and arrow were no longer enough for me. I closed my eyes, pulling the sword out, we could do this. I glanced at the Pevensie brothers and could see they too were getting ready. The Telmarine soldiers were having a rather hard time getting past the broken ground and I was glad. Maybe lives needn't be lost. I got ready and Peter gave the signal.

Edmund stopped me before I could run off, "Alex, I love you, stay safe". I looked at him and smiled. "Don't go mushy on me Ed! But I love you too." I whispered back. I gave him a quick peck on the lips before running off. It felt strange, to be fighting along side the warriors and not above. I looked up as a large shake made me loose my balance. The Telmarine's had started to use the catapults, knocking the Gryphons to the ground. "Back to the How," Peter ordered. A rock was thrown towards the entrance of the How by a catapult, stopping anyone from entering and landing on any Narnian's that were in the way.

I ran to help the survivors only to see that they were already dead. The rocks had crushed them. "Alex, come on!" I turned to look at Rider, who already had several gashes on his face, and the three oldest Pevensie children, Caspian pointed his sword forward. The four nodded at each other, before charging at the Telmarine's again. I let the rush of the adrenaline take over and I joined the fighting.

I knocked one of the soldiers down, using my elbow and stabbed him in the chest. Turning and slicing the advancing Telmarine in the shin. I grimaced, this was not in the least bit humane, but it was necessary. I grabbed the next guy by the arm and pushed him to the ground with my foot, taking his crossbow with me. I saw Edmund, who was now on a horse gallop past a Telmarine on his tail. I looked him in the eye and threw him the crossbow, which he took and shot at the guy behind me. I gave him a glance of thanks before continuing fighting.

I went to hit a Telmarine who was aiming at Rider when I was knocked off my feet. I looked around and saw someone about to stab Edmund beside me as he fought with another Telmarine. I felt a surge through me, a roar of a lion. My father had awakened, he was back. I took all of the pain, all of the suffering the witch had caused me during my flashbacks and I let the roar of Aslan take over my heart. Suddenly everything stopped as a mighty roar was let out from my body. I didn't even remember opening my mouth, but the effect was immediate. The Telmarine who was attacking Edmund got knocked off his feet and tree branches were bursting out of the ground left right and center, making the Narnians cheer. Edmund looked at me, dumbstruck, but he quickly got up on a horse.

The Telmarines were retreating to the river, clearly freaked out by the magic. Edmund rode up next to me and helped me onto his horse. "Aslan!" I exclaimed happily. He nodded. I grinned, he was back. My father was finally back. We followed the Telmarines back to the river, ready to fight even more, but there was no need - my father and Lucy stood at the other side of the river. Father was obviously using some sort of magic to control the river and it was amazing. Although I knew that we were in good hands. I sent a sudden gush of wind toward the soldiers who were trying to run off the bridge, meaning they couldn't leave. Aslan gave a mighty roar and the water quickly began rising. The water formed a large man who tipped over the bridge, sending many of the Telamrines into the river. The Narnians cheered again and Edmund helped me off the horse. Finally, this was all over. Lucy and Aslan made their way over and we all bowed.

"Rise Kings and Queens of Narnia." My father boomed. The Pevensies rose. "All of you." He looked at Caspian. "I do not think I am ready," Caspian said humbly. "It is for that reason that you are." He replied. "Rise daughter, I am proud of the woman you have become." I smiled and rose before him. "You have finally learned of the true extent of your powers I see." I nodded and the others all looked at me.

"Why did I not have them before?" I asked. He just chuckled,

"Sometimes it takes the darkness to bring out the light dear one. The witch helped you in that respect." I nodded. "Although you must be trained with this new power. I hope for now you can settle for a change in status." I looked at him intently, did he mean what I thought he did. He continued. "You will be crowned Queen at the same time Caspian is crowned King. You have earnt it Alexandra." Peter and Caspian started cheering as Lucy squealed and Susan clapped. Edmund turned to me and saw the joy on my face.

"Looks like you didn't have to marry into royalty after all, Alex." He smirked, capturing my lips in a quick kiss. I grinned before pulling away. "That's Queen Alex to you my King."