Chapter 38: Sailing

Natsumi POV:
We reach Magnolia and are soon building the guild again but only after getting Cana from a church that  apparently took care of her for awhile.

"So where is the old man? We can't not have a guild master." I ask and everyone looks at me.

Lucy frowns, "We don't have any leads on him and there's no way of finding him."

"Well shouldn't we find a temporary guild master then? I mean, we need one, right? Until we get gramps back at least."

We decide to put it to a vote and it's decided that Erza will be guild master.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Mest as he suddenly appears.

"What? Did the master not tell you?"

"Tell us what?" I ask.

"I'm part of this guild and my name isn't Doranbolt."

We all look at him, confused.

"My name is Mest Gryder and I was sent to be part of the magic army because I was infiltrating them to find out more about the the continent, Alakitasia. He wanted to know about the Alvarez Empire."

My stomach churns and I feel like I'm about to throw up. Neptune quickly looks at me and flies over. I put on a strong face or at least I hope it looks strong.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"He thought it was connected to Zeref and now I think it's confirmed. I have to show Erza something that is meant for the guild master. Let's go." She starts to walk and team Natsu follows behind them without Mest or Erza noticing. I decide to go with them.

I press my ear to the door while everyone else tries to do the same thing and I catch a few words. "Fairy Heart", "Lumen Histoire" and "Crystal".

Suddenly the door makes a weird cracking noise and we all fall through the doorway. When I look up I see the first guild master encased in a crystal.

"How?" A small mumble is let out out. Everyone looks up and sees what I'm seeing.

Mest fills us in on the plan because we decided we're going wherever they go.

"We're pursuing Master Makarov to Alakitasia. It'll take approximately 9-10 days to get into the area and once we're there we'll stop at a small island to get food and whatever else we need. After that we proceed until we're in the heart of the Empire."

We all nod but I get nervous.

"We leave in an hour. Grab what you need for the trip and I'll get us a boat." We all nod at Mest and head out.

Neptune and I grab a bag and put whatever we need in it. Erza explains to the rest of the guild members that they need to remain in Magnolia and we're going to do something and should be back in a month or so. Gray, Natsu, Wendy, Happy and Carla go to get whatever they need for the trip and Mest gets a ship ready along with food and water.

1 hour later:
We board the ship and set sail. I walk around the ship a bit but both Wendy and Natsu are sick to the stomach. I try to give Wendy the necklace but she refuses. I see Erza and go to talk to her.

"I've missed you so much Natsumi." She hugs me then whispers in my ear, "Do you still have the gift I gave you?" I can hear the smirk in her voice.

My face turns red and I nod a little. She goes to rummage in my bag and before I could protest I've been changed into the costume that I never thought I'd actually have to wear. My face flushes and so does Gray's when he looks over at me.

 My face flushes and so does Gray's when he looks over at me

"Why don't you go swimming?" Erza says and then laughs.

I run around the ship trying to find something to cover up with but it was all for not. I end up sitting in a corner of the ship.

"What'd you do with my clothes?" I whisper angrily at her which just makes her laugh more.

"Here." She pushes them toward me. I snatch them and run to the bathroom.

When I come out, I'm in my regular, comfortable clothes.

Alvarez awaits. I think to myself as I stare out at the vast ocean.