Chapter 28

Finally Saturday. Demi woke up with a huge smile on her lips.  She jumped of the bed and put a dress on her body. She fixed her hair and run outside,  leaving Miley, who was still asleep, behind.

"Demi!" Someone called her and she stopped running.  "Oh, hey Ruben" Demi nervously said.

"You look beautiful in that dress. Where are you going?" He asked with a big smile on his face.  "Nowhere" Demi managed to say.

"Oh" He expressed.  "I really have to go, Ruben" She said with an apologetic smile and ran away.

Ruben shrugged and went to the canteen to have breakfast.

~

"Willy!" She squealed when she saw him. A smile popped on his lips. "Hi, nena" He replied, bringing her into his warm embrace.

They entered the car and he started it up.

"Where are we going?" Demi asked. Wilmer giggled. "Demi, it's a surprise" He laughed and Demi gazed through the window.

-

The car stopped.

"Where are we?" She asked, not able to figure it out. "Wait" He giggled and they both exited the car.

Wilmer took her hand in his and started walking with her.

"Oh Gosh, is this a river?" She asked, surprised. "Yes" He replied.

"I... I love it" She stuttered and hugged him again.

"I'm glad" He said with a smile.

There were a lot of trees and the river was huge. Nobody was there. Probably because it was too early for that.

"I wanna jump into the water, Wilmer!" Demi squealed as a little girl. He couldn't help but smile at her. "Do it if you dare" He said, giggling.  Demi wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips against his, giving him a sweet kiss.

He put his hands on her waist and looked into her deep brown eyes.

"I love you, do you know that?" He asked her. She smiled. "I love you too" Demi replied.

Wilmer's hands found their place on her cheeks, smiling at her, wondering how she could be so beautiful.

"You're so beautiful" He whispered. "Why do you think that?" She asked. "I know it, babe... Don't you dare to think that you are not beautiful because you are so gorgeous" Wilmer told her.

"That's not true" She said and avoided hia eyes. "It is, nena, you're the most precious girl in this universe" He said and could notice how her cheeks turned into a red colour.

"I like the way you blush" Wilmer whispered in her ear and then they kissed again.

Suddenly, she pulled away from him and started running towards the water. When she was close enough, she walked out of her shoes and entered the water.

Wilmer’s mouth flew open in surprise.

"Dem! You're crazy, girl!" He laughed, coming closer. "I am!" She screamed, happy.

"Come here!" Demi said. "The water is cold, Demi, it's not summer yet" He said.

"Come on!" Demi laughed. Wilmer sighed. "Or is Mr. Valderrama scared of the water?" She teased, raising her eyebrows.

"Definitely not!" He said and took his shoes off before entering the water.

"Yay!" Demi exclaimed while Wilmer came closer to her. "Do you still think I'm scared of water?" He asked, putting his hands on her waist.

"Maybe" She giggled. He kissed her nose and then he pulled her into a kiss. "I'm not" He made her know. "I'm only scared of one thing" Demi raised her eyebrows at him.

"And what are you scared of?" She asked as he carried her. Demi wrapped her legd around his waist and her arms around his neck.

"I'm scared of loosing you" He simply said, locking their eyes. She smiled. "You won't lose me, babe" She whispered and pressed her forehead against his.

"You promise?" He asked. "I promise. Now promise me that I won't lose you" She said. "You won't lose me, hermosa. Never" Wilmer mouthed and soon, their lips were together again.

-

"Sometimes I wonder how my life would be if my parents were still here..." Demi said, looking at the blue sky.

They were both lying on the grass, looking at yhe very white clouds.

"You wouldn't have met me" Wilmer said. She smiled and put her hand on his. "You're right... And meeting you has been the best thing in my whole life" Her words made him smile too.

"I am so in love with you, my princess" He told her and pecked her lips before she rested her head on his chest while a happy sigh escaped her pink lips. He played with her dark hair.

"I can't wait till we can be like this forever" Wilmer stated. "Same" Demi mumbled and gazed at the sky again.

Her eyes saw a cloud that was just like a heart. She smirked.

"Look at that, Willy" She said, pointing at the cloud. He kissed the top of her head. "Beautiful" He said.

"I know..." Demi closed her eyes.

His arms felt like home and, not much time later, she fell asleep.