SIX

Ryan had absolutely no control over what happened next. It was as if whatever darkness spread through his body with Brendon's touch had taken control. His hands were needy as they grasped at the clothes covering Brendon's body. Their lips had moved into a somehow sloppy sync.

When Brendon did pull his lips from Ryan's, he made sure to maintain some kind of skin to skin contact with the human.

"My bed." He growled. He Grabbed Ryan's wrist in a vice-like grip.

Ryan's head was fuzzy due to the ringing. What was he doing? Where was he going again? Why weren't his lips paired with-there it was.

What few thoughts Ryan had were cut off by Brendon's lips reconnecting with his. The ringing continued, but it was tolerable like this. It liked this connection, so he gave into it.

Brendon had Ryan on his back on the bed. He didn't want to risk loosing any advantage over the human by tearing his shirt over his head so, while the make-out continued, he simply ripped Ryan's shirt completely open. It was only then that Brendon removed his lips from Ryan's again.

His hand pinned Ryan's to the bed as his lips trailed down Ryan's jaw... Then neck... Then his torso....

"What do you want me to do?" Brendon asked, flashing his eyes yellow as he tilted his head up to look at Ryan.

Ryan's gaze was up at the ceiling. His black eyes were wide and the black veins pulsated under his skin. Brendon's words entered Ryan's ears as a pleasurable hum. His pelvis rose at the sound, though nothing registered.

Brendon laughed from somewhere deep in his chest. It was almost more of a rumble than a laugh. "I almost forgot. You don't get a choice."

---

Ryan was slowly regaining his senses. The darkness was taking longer to leave his veins this time and memories were taking longer to register.

His body shook, causing the chains connected to his wrist cuffs to softly rattle. Brendon had put him back in the position he had woken up in after...

Ryan turned towards the bed with a glare. Brendon was sleeping so soundly after what he had done to him. It didn't bother the demon at all to violate him while his will wasn't his own.

The blood in Ryan's veins boiled. He had Ryan killed. He had taken control of Ryan with whatever those dark veins were. He had... Ryan didn't want to go back over what had just occurred.

How would Brendon like to feel powerless? He talked such a big game, as if he had always been in charge, but no one starts out on top. Why shouldn't the demon reexperience his worst moments... Or, like Ryan, his worst nightmares.

Ryan continued to glare at Brendon's still figure, feeling his insides begin to burn. He didn't care, however, it wasn't like he was dying; he had already done that. As he glared at Brendon, the demon's sleep stopped looking so calm.

Brendon's eyes began to twitch under their lids first. Then, his expression scrunched and contorted. Ryan never flinched as Brendon began to scream and thrash his limbs. The demon seemed trapped in his dream as the burning inside of Ryan intensified. It was beginning to hurt...

It was only when Ryan doubled over with a cry of pain that Brendon's eyes snapped open. Ryan held his gut tightly, tears somehow managing to escape his tightly closed eyes, as Brendon pushed himself upright.

The demon was drenched in sweat. He looked down at his naked frame, watching his pale skin crackle and reveal his true form underneath right before his eyes. He clenched his fist, hearing the sounds of rocks grinding together before swearing lowly. What had just happened? Everything was fine and then... He was just trapped. The vivid nightmare replayed itself before his eyes, prompting him to quickly snap them shut.

It didn't make sense; demons didn't dream, he couldn't have had a nightmare.

A dull thud in the room brought his eyes back open. He turned his head to see Ryan unconscious on the floor, breathing rather heavily.

Brendon squinted at Ryan. The soul in limbo was... Glowing?

"What the fuck?" Brendon hissed as he watched the glow around Ryan slowly fade. It was all but gone,except for near his eyes. Brendon could have sworn he saw the glow seep into Ryan's cracked eyelids before they fully closed.

"What the fuck."

Brendon pushed himself off of the bed. He snapped, materializing boxers over his lower frame before walking over to where Ryan was slowly breathing. He looked at the once human distastefully. He couldn't have done anything. Brendon nudged him with his foot.

Brendon hissed, quickly retracting his foot from where it made contact with Ryan's skin. It had sizzled, cooking away the coating that hid his crackled, demonic form. Ryan's skin was hot. Burning hot. Hotter than a human body should have been able to handle.

Brendon stepped back from him. Something wasn't right. Simple contact with Ryan's skin shouldn't be able to burn through a strong, magical concealment potion. It certainly didn't do any damage just a short time ago when Brendon had become quite acquainted with Ryan's skin.

The demon moved over to a small bed side table. He pulled open a drawer and began rummaging around for a phone. He needed to make a call. Immediately.

Within a minute of searching, Brendon pulled out the object of his desire and quickly dialed a number. It was one he almost had memorized by heart, but memorizing had never been too difficult for him.

One ring.

Two rings.

"Hello?"

"Melanie, doll?" Brendon spoke as he turned to look at Ryan's still figure, "Sorry to ring you so soon..." Out of the corner of his eyes, Brendon noticed more of his top coat of skin peeling away. "But we have some problems."