Chapter 2

"You should've listened!" Ashley scolded me on our way out.

"I know, I know. But I was bored." I admitted.

She sighed.

"We're supposed to follow our head teacher to a classroom." Ashley explained.

"Which classroom?" I questioned.

"Well, since your class' head teacher is Mrs.Miller who teaches Geography, your class is supposed to follow her to the Geography classroom."

"Do I have to follow her? I know where the classroom is. I'd get there faster if I wouldn't wait for everyone to squeeze out the freakin' door!" I groaned as we slowly made our way out of the auditorium.

"Because it's only polite to wait." Ashley teased, knowing that would irritate me even further.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Lily is also in your class, so it would only be polite to wait for her too."

"Really?" I asked, turning around to see that Lily was a little further behind.

"Yeah. I was sure you were listening when Mrs.Clark announced it." She said, sighing again.

"To be honest, I was barely paying attention." I said and shrugged.

Ashley suddenly stopped in front of me. I was about to ask her why she did so, but she quickly turned around and started talking before I got the chance to even open my mouth.

"Did any cute guys catch your attention?" She asked with a smirk on her face, raising her eyebrows playfully.

I rolled my eyes and turned her back around, pushing her to keep walking forward.

"Are cute guys all you think about?" I asked.

"Of course!" She said, laughing afterwards.

"Sometimes I wonder why we're even friends." I wondered out loud.

"You never answered my question." She reminded.

"No, I haven't." I replied.

"You know, you can find cute guys anywhere, but most of them have an IQ level of minus one hundred and twenty." I commented.

"True." She agreed and we burst out laughing.

"Oh Lord, finally!" I exclaimed as we finally exited the auditorium.

The horde of slow students rushed to the door first and then created traffic among others, making it hard for everyone to get out.

"Hey, do you know where the Math classroom is?" She asked.

"Mmmm..." I trailed off.

I looked to the right and pointed to the last classroom at the end of the hall.

"Either that one, or the same place, just upstairs. It depends who your teacher is." I said.

"Thanks hun. Text ya later?"

"Yeah." I quickly said as she began to walk away.

"Bye Jade!"

"Bye Ash!"

I turned around to look at more people exiting the auditorium. Since Lily was in my class, I decided I'd wait for her. I stepped aside and watched as students passed by, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, do you know where the teacher went?" I turned and saw Lily smiling sheepishly at me.

I chuckled.

"I don't know, but I know where we're supposed to go. I was just waiting for you, wanna come along?" I suggested.

"Thanks, and yeah." She complied.

I smiled and started walking out of the North building, heading to the West building with Lily.

<···>

"Alright, it's upstairs." I said when we went inside.

We walked up the stairs and before we entered the classroom, Lily's phone rang. I stopped walking and turned to her with a questioning look.

"You go on ahead, I have to take this." She said, waving me off.

"Okay." I said.

I walked inside and saw a few familiar faces, that being Adam, Zoe and Hannah.

Zoe is an acquaintance from my class from primary school while Hannah was a familiar figure I've talked to a few times. The teacher wasn't anywhere in the classroom, so I guessed she was probably gathering other students or something. I walked to the middle of the classroom and was about to sit down until I noticed a black haired girl seated at the back row. She looked to be sketching something. That caught my interest, and I curiously walked over to her.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" I asked, smiling.

The girl looked up from her sketch and I was met with eyes that looked mesmerizing. Unlike her hair that was darker than the darkest night, her eyes were white and looked angel-like.

"Nope, go ahead." She replied, shooting my a smile and turning back to her sketch.

I sat down and put my backpack onto the table. I looked over at what she was doing, becoming very excited.

"What are you sketching?" I asked without hesitation.

She leaned away from the paper, letting me see it more clearly.

"A lake in the middle of a forest, I think." She said, muttering the last part.

"You think?" I asked, amused.

"Yeah, I don't really plan what I'm sketching or drawing. I just do. And in the end, something turns out." She admitted.

"And to think I can't draw anything even if I am fully concentrated..."

"Do I know you from somehwere?" She asked, tilting her head.

"I don't think so. Why?"

"I dunno. You look kinda farmiliar." She shrugged, and I mimicked her action.

"I like your hair." She commented, brushing a strand of my purple hair away from my face.

"Huh? Oh, thanks." I fumbled with my words, confused at her actions.

She grinned and lightly laughed, then turned back to her sketch.

"I think purple suits you. It brings out your eyes." She stated while not taking her eyes off of the paper.

"Thanks, that's what I was going for." I replied, twirling another strand between my fingers.

She continued sketching, and continued watching. The way her pencil moved smoothly across the paper, leaving behind light lines, looked like magic. It was simply beautiful. I wished I could do that one day.

"Maybe...maybe I could ask her to teach me?" -I wondered.

I thought it wasn't a bad idea, and I certainly didn't have much options left. Basically, I was desperate. I sighed and gently layed my head onto the table, not wanting to disturb- oh.

"Crap, I haven't asked for your name." I said, lifting my head back up to look at her.

I smiled sheepishly, and she let out a chuckle. She extended a hand my way.

"I'm Ellie, Ellie Stuart." She informed.

"That's a pretty name. I'm Jade Harper." I said, shaking her hand.

"Thank you, but names don't describe people, so it doesn't matter what they sound like." She stated.

I raised an eyebrow but decided not to question or argue with what she meant.

"She's pretty weird..." I thought and chuckled.