Chapter 6

Chapter 6
(Y/N)'s POV
It was like staring into my past. Bright sapphire eyes and soft features. Suddenly I was lost for breath and my stomach twisted and tightened in itself. I felt sick. That's the clearest way I could describe it. My eyes never leaving the sight of him in the distance I turned to Todd.

"Um... Todd. Who's that over there in the middle of that large group?"

"The one in the large jacket? That's Clark. You don't want to talk to him, he's not exactly the nicest person. He's actually a bit of an asshole really", Todd explained leaving me baffled and honestly unconvinced. Without announcing my actions I simply ignored Todd's warning and went to approach Clark instead. After all, it had been years.

Approaching Clark felt like the longest walk I had ever experienced. All the background noise of the students was drowned out and all I could hear was the pounding echoing of my footsteps and my breath hitching in my throat. As I approached the large group of students they one by one turned their heads in my direction and gave confused expressions. Before long I stopped in front of Clark and gave a wide smile.

"Uh hey Clark!" His laughter ceased as he turned his head to face me.

"Do I know you?" My heart broke. My chest constricted and I began to tear up. His expression seemed confused and somewhat disgusted.

"It's me! (Y/N), we used to live across the road from each other when we were kids", his expression didn't change in the slightest.

"I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about". Without knowing what else to do I simply just apologised and walked away confused and hurt. The immediate roar of laughter coming from the group behind me resulted in feelings of shame and sheer embarrassment.

I silently sat back down in front of Todd. Aimlessly staring at my food no longer feeling any appetite.

"What's wrong? What did he say to you?" Todd became exceedingly worried. I then explained to him how Clark and I used to be best friends as children until I moved and now Clark is acting as if he has no idea who I am.

The rest of the day passed by fleetingly and my mind was never focused on the task at hand. The bus ride home allowed for a lot of in depth thinking which in turn caused my blood to boil out of rage at Clark today and his denial of our past. As soon as the bus pulled up in front of my house I stormed off and through the front door ignoring my mother's greeting as I passed her. Stormed up the staircase and I slammed the door as I entered my room. I then opened my window and climbed out onto the roof to sit in silence and stare at the horizon in attempt to calm myself down.

I sat on the roof for what seemed like hours before my mother called me down for dinner. I think she could sense my anger and stress after my first day as I entered the kitchen to smell my favourite meal of butter chicken and basmati rice.

"Thankyou for dinner mum, it's made my day", I smiled in attempt to hide any hostility I was feeling or expressing.

"So do you want to tell me what happened today to cause you to come home is such an upset manner this afternoon?" I then proceeded to explain the situation as I knew she wouldn't accept anything less. I was hoping for a great amount of sympathy from her but she still have Clark the benefit of the doubt that it had simply been a long time without contact and he just forgot over time. I controlled my emotions and didn't get angry at her. I instead thanked her for dinner and decided to get some rest early for the following day as things had become so hectic so quickly.

Before long I was asleep despite the immense amount of dread I was feeling for the day to come.