Chapter Three

My mother called me from the kitchen and told me that my lunch was ready. As I entered to the room my nostrils were filled with the the delicious smell of my mother's meal. She was an expert in the kitchen. A real expert, I know everyone say that about their mothers, but my mother was at the same level as Jamie Oliver himself. We always cheer her to participate in one of the many programs and realities, but she always refused it, saying that her best public will be always my sister and I. But I know deep inside that it's her dream to be part of something like that someday.

I was enjoying the last of the curry that was in my plate as I heard someone entered from the front door. I lift my head to the sound of a loud voice, which I recognised instantly.

- I told you like a million times Julia, you should know this. I cannot let this type of things to happen, not know. We have to be professional - She spoke with a pitchy voice in her phone

- Hey stranger - I said with a goofy smile as I appeared from the kitchen

- What the.. J-Julia I will call you later - She said with barely audible voice as she hung up - W-What? Brooke what are you doing here? W- when did you arrive? - She was completely shocked, I know her

- It is a surprise Clare, you are my little sister, you should be happy to see me, am I right?

- Brooke.. I can't believe you are here - She pulling me in a hug, the smell of her perfume fill my lungs instantly, and pulled her even tighter. I missed her. - Why didn't you tell me you were coming home? I should have prepare a welcome home kind of party or something like that - She said waving her hands in the air

- Well, I know you perfectly, and I was hoping you to say that. I surely didn't want to come back to a welcome party Clare - We are so different, she is pure fun and with a very extroverted personality, I am clearly the opposite. But we love each other, and we share everything with one and other.

- Oh c'mon Brooke you're always trying to teare down my spirit. - She complained- Sister you look amazing, New York is treating you well - Her eyes traveled from my head to my toes.

- Please don't lie to me, the flight was awful and I need to take a shower as soon as possible, then you can have your opinion - I said giving her a smile. I really need a bath right now. My body was tense from al the nervous and tension of the flight and the idea of coming back, but I have to say, for now, that it wasn't what I was expecting. Maybe I finally get over those times, perhaps these emotions inside me were just ghosts from years ago messing with my mind. Maybe, just maybe, I could enjoy this time with my family and don't let any thought to restrain me from having a good time in England.

The afternoon went smooth, I could finally take my shower and spent the rest of the evening chatting with my sister and my mother in the livingroom. I was surprisingly relieved, I have to say that from the moment I bought the ticket to England, I was scared. Scared of what could happen, of what my mom or any other person could think about me. But I am now decided to have a great time while I am here.

- Hey Brooke, I am going to this brewery opening tonight, you wanna come? - She asked enthusiastic- Please I know you are tired, but we can hang out for an hour or two and when you'll ready to come home just let me know.

- I don't know Clare, I just arrive today, we will have plenty opportunities to go out while I am here - It is not like I don't like the idea, but a new brewery in town means a lot of people in the same place, and I don't know if I am prepared to see old faces tonight. I think it's too soon.

- C'mon Brooke, you are commited to have a good time here, it's a great start, you know? I promise that if you want to come back home I won't contradicted you. Promise - She was a humiliating herself by putting her hands together and kneeling to me like she was ten years old again.

- Okay, fine. I will go. But as soon as I want to leave, we leave. No excuses, okay? - I say while standing up from the couch - Just let me change my clothes.

- Yeah girl show them how they do it in New York - She was embarrassing me already.

I rolled my eyes at her and made my way to my room. I open my suitcase and grab the first decent piece of clothes that I found. I putted on my black skinny jeans, white t-shirt, black leather jacket and my old-school vans. I looked at myself at the mirror while I brushed my hair a bit. I look decent, it is the best I can do after a long and tired day. I put some perfume on and grab my phone and wallet before exiting my room.

We drive to the small centre area of Holmes Chapel, and after 10 minutes driving around we find a place to park Clare's car. The night was a bit colder, or maybe it was just me who wasn't used to this chilly weather in New York. As we walk towards the brewery, I can feel a knot forming in my belly. I know I shouldn't be this nervous, is senseless, those times are gone. I am a different person now, I have to keep in mind that, although this place reminds the same, I am a totally different person now. C'mon Brooke it's been years, you can't just throw away what you built with such an effort, just for a memory - I told myself in my mind. I lift my head and Clare was staring at me, as if she knew what I was thinking. Of course she knew. She knows me too well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter, the story will get better I promise!

Pili