Chapter Nine

The summer had came much too soon for Sirius' liking. He hate to admit it, but he'd much rather be in a detention with Filch than go home and suffer, spending six long weeks with his family.

"Promise you'll all write to me." James said as they prepared to leave the train. Sirius looked down at the floor awkwardly.

"I..my parents might not want me to." He mumbled, not wanting to explain, but not wanting James to stop being his friend because he didn't write to him.

"Why?" Remus asked, looking concerned. Sirius scoffed at the question.

He wanted to tell them, Merlins beard how he wanted to tell them what was happening at home. But he couldn't. What if they thought of him different? Thought he was disgusting, and stopped being friends with him.

"They're not too happy about me being friends with half-breeds and blood-traitors, their words not mine." Then he left the carriage before any of them could stop him, not wanting to discuss or expand the topic any further.

As he stepped out of the train, the sun shone onto his face, and he prepared himself for a summer of misery.

He pulled back his shoulders, and made sure he walked gracefully, elegantly, like every pureblood heir should look like.

"Mother." He acknowledged her, giving a polite nod. Her eyebrows raised and her lips pressed into a thin line. But she didn't comment, as she didn't want to complement him and there was nothing wrong with his stance.

"Son." She said the word like it burned her throat to do so.

She then grabbed his arm in a grip that was sure to leave a bruise, and they apparated.

She didn't even warn him.

Sirius tumbled over when they arrived, his mother just swept by him, not bothered about checking if he was okay.

Sirius believed if Kreacher could pick him up from platform 9 and 3/4, his mother would surely order the house elf to do so. After all, that meant less time looking at her blood traitor of a son.

Sirius steadied himself for a moment, feeling as if he might be sick. He really did hate apparation.

"Sirius!" The black heirs head shot up as his brother rushed over and tackled him into a hug one that Sirius quickly returned.

"I've missed you." Regulus breathed into Sirius' neck, arms tightening as if he was scared to let go.

"I've missed you more." The two brothers stayed like that for a moment. Then Sirius realised maybe the summer wouldn't be that bad if his little brother was with him.

"I got my Hogwarts letter Sirius! I can't wait to be in Hogwarts with you!" He exclaimed, pulling away from the hug.

"Boys," roared the unfriendly voice of their mother," stop hugging this instance and go to your rooms. We do not show such...muggle feelings. Sirius stop poisoning your brother with your disgusting views."

I haven't even said anything to him.

Sirius clenched his fist, wanting to say something back, but memories of Christmas stopped him before his mouth even moved.

"Room." His mother screamed. He didn't think twice about disobeying her.