Painful reunion

Hi ~ It's been some time I wrote this one, but I think it's good so there you go. It's kind of sad. Also I kept the old Devil May Cry shop before the third game, but the story takes place after it. I don't know why. X)
It involves Dante and you, the reader, but there's no romance.
Edit : There are spoilers of the third game's story, read at your own risk.

PS : The picture belongs to its owner.

Enjoy !

~~~~~~

You were walking calmly in the streets, wearing a long brown cloak and hood covering your face. Children were chasing each other, playing football, being pushed on their swing by their parents and other activities in a nearby park. You frowned upon hearing all the noise they were making. The corners of your lips twitched downwards in a disgusted manner.

Humans. They were never the quiet ones, were they ? Especially kids. You hated kids. Why ? Oh, it's simple. They were loud, whining every now and then because they didn't get what they wanted. For sure, they were capricious. And when they were crying... It was worse. You just wanted to slit their throats open for them to stop. They were a waste of time and money.

But let's continue the story, shall we ?

As you made your way into town, you started to feel weird. Like someone -or something-, was observing you. A smirk plastered on your face, you turned at a corner in a dark alley. And then you waited patiently.

But not for long.

You dodged a blade that was aimed at your head by just moving it to the side.

" Missed. " You chuckled lowly.

The thing that tried to attack you growled as it revealed itself, but it was not alone.

Demons.

" I see you've brought some friends with you. Going to some party ? " You asked with fake interest.

All you got in response was them quickly rushing to your position, their claws ready to tear you apart in an instant.

" Well, " you started as you took off the cloth you were wearing and threw it on the marionettes, perturbing them, while unsheathing your katana swiftly, " I never liked parties anyway. "

Several seconds later, you put back your katana called Osiris in its sheath. You pout, a little bit disappointed.

" What a waste of time. And here I was, thinking it would be fun, or at least last a little longer... Tch. "

Sighing dramatically, you brushed away the dust of your cloak and put it back on you. Only the sound of your (f/c) combat boots resonated in the alley as you walked away from the scene.

' Time for me to finally come back. ' you thought to yourself.

~ Le time skip ~

Finally ! You smiled a bit as you arrived in front of a building, whose name was written with pink neon.

Devil May Cry.

So this was his shop, was it ? After all, it's been a very long time since you saw him, well, them. You were quite impatient to meet them again.

Grinning at the thought, you pushed open one of the doors softly and entered the shop, hearing some rock music coming from a slightly destroyed antique jukebox on the right side.

' Nice taste in music. I approve. '

Your head slightly moving according to the beat, you walked to the desk in front of you. There was an open box of pizza on it, revealing a single slice, an old-fashioned black rotary dial telephone and a framed picture you couldn't see. Nobody was there at the moment it seems. You moved your (e/c) eyes to explore the room. On the left, there were two couches and a table before them, and a staircase behind the longest one. Near them was a small refrigerator. There was also a pool table, and the wall was decorated with different kinds of trophies ( like demon heads ) and weapons. On the right side, along with the jukebox, there were several instruments like a drum and electric guitars. Then, behind the desk was a huge trophy on the wall and one door on each side.