Chapter 15

(This photo gives me life!)

Brendon walked out of the class and I smiled, empty !dancing empty classroom. I was excited about my birthday wishes from my classmates.

"It's my... birthday!" I cheered, yet no one was here. I'm quite weird. I started randomly singing, doing what I love doing.

"Boy don't try to front, uh, I. Know just, just, what you are, ah, ah. Boy, don't try to front, uh, I. Know just, just, what you are, ah, ah. You got me going. You're oh so charming. But I can't do it. You womanizer..." I heard the door open and then I stopped singing. My homeroom teacher walked in and smiled at me.

"Hey, Faelecia! How's it going?" She asked, holding her coffee in one hand as she walked over to her desk.

"Good! You?" I replied.

"Great!" She flashed me a smile and continued to do whatever she was doing. I sighed and left the class, going to Brendon's office. I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

"Hey kiddo, what's wrong?" He asked, letting me in the room.

"I don't think anyone here knows that it's my birthday..." I sighed once more. He pat my back and we both sat down.

"Who did you have a counter with today?" He asked.

"Just my teacher...." I whispered. He chuckled, sitting back in his normal stance.

"We'll that's only one person Faelecia!" He continued chuckling. I shrugged and nodded my head.

"I guess..." I trailed off.

"Look, if you want to talk to me after lunch, or even during, I'm fine with that. I'm sure she just doesn't remember. She does have eleven students in that class, right?" I nodded and he pat me on the back.

"Have a fun day kid! See you at lunch!" He kissed my cheek and we hugged quickly.

"Thanks Brendon!" I left the office and went to class. Everyone was there now. And nobody said a word to me. Not throughout the whole day.

***

I ran into Brendon's office, not even bothering to knock. I was in tears now.

"Faelecia, what's wrong?" Her asked, giving me a hug, since I stroke the position.

"It's not only that they didn't know it was my birthday..." I sobbed. He rubbed my back and helped me get through it. "But no one, at all, talked to me! I would ask them something and they would start talking to someone else. I was all alone today! This is the worst birthday ever!" I cried. Brendon took a box of Kleenex brand tissues and passed them to me.

"Here, maybe this'll help..." he kind of trailed off.

"Can I go home with you guys?" I asked. He nodded but his face didn't seem sincere.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"Well, I have I have a lot of work, but I can drive you home to have lunch with Sarah." He offered. I nodded and we both left. I rolled my eyes when I saw my friend's talking and laughing with each other.

"Don't focus on them, they're probably doing it on purpose." He spoke. I nodded and shrugged.

"This is so dumb..." I murmured to myself.

"Cmon, Sarah and I will make it worth your while." He said, opening the car door and getting in. I did the same and plugged in my phone, playing whatever was on my Spotify playlist.

"This is good!" I cheered, singing to some old songs from when I was around five.

"These are good, they remind me of when I just became a teacher. I was promoted to a principal after." He recounted his story. His stories were always interesting.

***

I walked into the house and stormed to Sarah, hugging her tightly.

"Whoa! Is something wrong?" She asked. I nodded and let go of the hug.

"Everyone ignored me at school! Like, they would not talk to me. At all!" He fumed. Brendon placed a hand on my shoulder. I calmed down and walked into the kitchen, taking ingredients, to make a sandwich, out.

"Yeah, she came into my office right before lunch crying. I felt bad and she said she wanted to come here, so I came to drop her off."

"Oh yeah, you have all that work to do. Well, I'll see you after work, bye Brenny!" She smiled. They kissed and then he closed the door.

"This is the worst birthday ever! The only people who know it's my birthday are you and Brendon. No one wished me a happy birthday or anything!" I yelled.

"Well honey, maybe they forgot..." she said.

"Nope, even if they did, no one talked to me today! They all refused to talk to me!" I stomped back to the kitchen and started harshly making my sandwich.

"Sometime I feel like it's just Brendon that makes me want to stay at the school!"  I thundered. She pat my back and took over the sandwich making process.

"It'll be fine, don't worry. Maybe it'll be better after lunch." She answered.

"Maybe, but I know that I don't want to go to school again! But I'm forced to so why not?"