Parentlock

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

I WAS ON VACATION

MORE UPDATES ON THE WAYYYYYYYYYY

Also I know that my other sherlolly fanfic was all about offspring, but I just got a bunch of new ideas for parentlock so ye(Sorry for the run on sentence, but I don't care that much to to edit it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

------------------------------------------------------------------

(Molly's POV)

"Congratulations, it's a girl!"

Molly lay in the hospital bed, and  was handed her baby girl. She had always wanted to be a mother. Sure, she babysat for Rosie plenty of times, but it was never fulfilling. It was because she wasn't her own. But this one was her's.

Her's and Sherlock's.

"Do you wanna hold her?" asked Molly. Sherlock was staring awestruck, trying to process the fact that he was a father. He had a family. Molly knew it by one glance of his face. He nodded, and took the child into his arms. Molly knew that if he didn't have experience with Rosie, he would've dropped the newborn splat on the floor.

"I'm afraid I've never been very good with children," admitted Sherlock.

"You could learn."

Molly felt a tear slip away. It was all she ever wanted. And for once in her life, she was completely happy. For isn't life beautiful. Even when everything that seems so utterly horrible, good things will shine through. And she felt as if this could be the brightest moment in her life.

"So what should we name her? asked Sherlock.

"Well, I was thinking, if it were a girl, and -well- she is," Molly chuckled, "we could name her Natalie."

"Why Natalie?" asked Sherlock, handing the baby back to Molly.

"Well the name means Christmas, and, well, your Christmas party was the first time you kissed me. I've always treasured that moment, and I want her name to mean something I value, because I value her. I love her," answered Molly, cooing the newborn.

"Then Natalie it will be," confirmed Sherlock. They then shared a kiss, and everything was just how Molly wanted it to be.

                                                                      ...

Molly and Sherlock took Natalie back to 221b, where John, Rosie, Mrs. Hudson, and Lestrade were waiting. They all shouted CONGRATS when they walked in, but Natalie started crying immediately, which was their call to stop shouting. However, since night was drawing near, instead of celebration, everyone helped to set up Natalie's nursery. Rosie talked to Natalie, even though she knew the baby couldn't understand. She confirmed that her and Natalie were going to be best friends once she grew a little older. Rosie is quite talkative for a two year old!

Once everyone had said goodbye, it was time for the most hectic nights of their lives.

Well, one of them anyway.

...

2:00 am

Natalie had begun crying for the umpteenth time in the middle of the night. Molly had gone to calm her down every time, and she had gotten a little sick of it.

"Sherlock," Molly groaned nudging her partner. "Sherlock."

"What?" grunted Sherlock finally awake.

"Go calm Natalie down," Molly demanded.

"I don't know how," Sherlock said ashamed.

"Bring her over, I'll show you."

Sherlock unwillingly got out of bed, and brought over the tiny upset specimen.

"See? She seems  to cry even more when I hold her," said Sherlock defeated.

"That's because you're doing it wrong. Loosen your grip, the tensity is making her a bit uneasy. Now you just gently rock her, like so," instructed Molly.

"Molly."

"Yes Sherlock?"

"I don't think I'm ready," admitted Sherlock.

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm not going to be enough for her. I mean, just look at what we do for a living! Look around the flat! There are knives on the coffee table, pistols in the drawers, and body parts in the fridge. I solve murders, and you work at a morgue. I'm going to do something wrong and it's going to be my fault that her life won't be amazing. I just don't think I can do this Molly," vented Sherlock.

"Hey, it's going to be ok. You know why? Because we are going to make this place safe for her. We will make sure she maintains innocence. She has loving people around her who will look out for her, and make sure she doesn't get hurt. Because you're not in this alone. Because you have me."

And that was all that mattered.