v. he tells his friends

montgomery walked to his usual table at lunch, sitting down next to zach dempsey. justin and jessica were sitting in front of him, while bryce was on the other side of zach.

"guys i have to tell you something." monty said. justin stopped making out with jessica for a second to look at his friend.

monty didn't want to tell his friends about elle. he wanted her to be his little secret.
"is this about that girl?" bryce asked, taking one of justin's fries from his lunch tray.

"well, yeah. i actually really like her, and i think that i want to ask her out." montgomery stated, causing all of his friends to look at him in disbelief.

"montgomery?" bryce questioned. monty looked up at him.
"what?" monty responded.
"that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. you could get any girl in this school and you want the scholarly princess with daddy issues?" bryce shook his head.

"daddy issues? what daddy issues?" montgomery asked. all of them looked at zach, waiting for him to tell them.
"back in chicago, her mom walked in on her father fucking some other woman. now she hates her dad for doing that to her mom." zach spilled.

"thats rough." monty sighed. justin narrowed his eyes at the teenage boy that was obviously smitten with the new girl.
"no, it's not rough. don't ask her out, montgomery. get with another girl because you're way too deep into this." justin insisted.

montgomery's eyes glanced up and he saw elle setting her tray down at her table. she sat next to jeff and across from alex and clay jensen.

"yes, she's hot, but monty, you don't love her." zach said.

monty couldn't believe that all of his friends were trying to convince him that he wasn't in love with elizabeth.

"yeah, thanks guys. you were so helpful." monty scoffed, grabbing his tray and he began to leave the table. he threw away his food and he walked out of the cafeteria, frustrated with his friends.

--
word of the chapter: tray