xx. present day

it had been weeks since elizabeth's funeral. montgomery found himself sitting in front of her headstone, once again.

he usually ended up here every day, always finding something to talk about. he wanted to keep her as up to date as he could.

"i got into a fight today. it was with bryce again. surprising, right? he says that i should move on." monty stated. he looked at his girlfriend's headstone.

"i miss you. i hope you know that. elle, i don't think you're a prude. please know that. i should have listened to you. maybe then....." montgomery's voice trailed off as he began to tear up.

he let the tears fall.
"maybe then you'd be alive. fuck, i hate myself for that night. i won't go to anymore parties. i won't drink anymore. i'd give anything in the world to have you back here with me. i loved you, elle. you were the best part of my life and i realize it now. i wanted to grow up with you." monty kneeled on the ground and he began to sob.

montgomery placed the roses that he had bought on top to the grass in front of her headstone.

"elizabeth valentine, you'll always have my heart. you'll always be my epic love." monty whispered.

---
and that's the end of take back!
thanks so much for reading and supporting this story, and i have decided that i will be making a sequel (which will be coming soon) !