Chapter 1 - Frey and Bugsy.

Frey

Seeing the dead wasn't always fun. They didn't have eyes, but not like wights. Wights were very different.

When a ghost has no eyes, it means they're not allowed to pass on. So they just wonder around, sometimes I see soldiers standing in fields, other times it's old people wearing gas masks.

The dead usually leave me be for the most part, they don't enjoy being disturbed. My momma likes to scratch at my window when she gets lonely, but I'm not allowed to let her in, Miss P told me to only talk to her during the day.

Daddy sometimes visits me too, though the gunshot wound in head distracts me. I can't touch him, but whenever him or momma walk through me, I get this cold empty feeling.

Sometimes Miss P let's me put their souls in stuffed animals and make them dance around my room. Like bugsy for example, got shot in New York in the 20's, ended up here.

I like to think that me and bugsy have something in common, with him looking for his dead wife and all.
---

"You know you can't keep yourself cooped up in this room all day, you need to speak to the other wards" Bugsy rasps out, trying to pick up the plastic doll with his woolly arms.

"Yes I can, been doing it for the past 50 years." I replied, picking up sally and placing it next to him.

"You can't keep talking to me all your life. I'm a stuffed animal, ya look koo koo" Bugsy makes a circle motion with his arm, near his oversized head.

"I miss the times when I could smoke a cigar and chat up a broad, ah the good old days."

He sits himself down, placing his make-shift cane on the floor, letting out a small sigh.

"Now look at me, a soul sucked into a stuffed rabbit. Ya know, I used to be a handsome fella. Them broad would always bend themselves ov-"

A knock interrupts his R rated flashback.

"Frey darling, it's time for tea" The bird informs me, letting herself in the room.

"Who were you talking to dear?" She survey's the dark red room. My curtains were always shut, bugsy liked dark rooms, said it reminded him of the clubs.

"I was talking to bugsy" I refer to the stuffed bunny lounging next to my bed.

"Hiya, toots" He kissed his teeth, and faced away from us, looking towards the window.

"Afternoon Mr Rossi, care to join us for tea." Miss Peregrine raised her eyebrows.

"In a room of snot-nosed brats? No thanks." I look away from Bugs, embarrassed that he would talk about Miss P's wards like she wasn't in the room.

"Well. Frey when you're done speaking to Mr Stone, come down for tea, we have a visitor that I would like you to meet. Do inform Enoch, and olive if she is with him." She then pulls out her pocket watch from her, well, pocket, and swiftly walks out of my room.

"Okay Miss, I'll be down" I get up from the floor and dust of my pale dress, turning to glare at bugsy, who scoffs in return.

"I can't believe you" I whisper quietly, making sure Miss Peregrine was out of ear-shot.

"Just go down stairs and eat your carrots already" Bugsy walks to the bed, jumping up and tucking himself in.

"Oh well, I'll be back soon" I walk out the room.
---

Walking out the door, I hear the sound of Enoch's homunculi fighting, their little weapons clashing together. Wow it looks so cool. Maybe I should do that with my teddies. Olive could watch if she likes.

I decide to take a small peek in his jar filled room to see olive clapping her hands excitedly.

"Is there a problem?" I almost jump at the sound of his voice, as I catch his eye. He's standing in the corner of the room, holding a rat's heart in one hand and a scalpel in the other.

"Oh sorry, u-um it's almost time for tea" I inform him, looking at the ground fiddling with my hands.

"Wow, really. You act as if we haven't been doing the same thing for the past decades." He scoffs, turning always from me.

"So annoying" he mutters, but I'm able to catch it.

"Enoch, don't be rude." Olive harshly whispers at him. Her gloves make a squeaky noise when she moves around.

I step away from the door, and walk quietly down the hall.

"We'll be right there, Frey!" I hear her faint yell.

That was a mistake, I can't believe I embarrassed myself. Now I've ruined the chance of finding any friends my age.

"I'm so stupid."

----
A/n: Welp. Finlay owns me, that's all I wanted to say.

Lowkey cringe when I write 'Daddy' BECAUSE THE ONLY PERSON SHE SHOULD BE CALLING 'DADDY' IS ENOCH.
TR-UST.

I don't even know where I'm going with this storyline.

Ugh, this is cringeworthy. But nothing compared to the middle school days.