Chapter 7 - There he goes

Frey

Things haven't changed, Enoch still hates me and the others have no idea what happened the previous day.

I haven't talked about it to anyone, not even Bugsy. I've kept what happened in the cave to myself, afraid that they would look at me different if they knew what i'd done.

I seemed like it was all a bad dream.

But I can't stop thinking about him saving me.

He saved me, Enoch saved me. I know he did, he was shaking and wet when I woke up.

He held me so tenderly

My cheeks heat up before I could stop my thoughts. No one's ever held me like that before.

I grip my dress tightly, the yellow frills scrunching together.

I cannot remember Momma or Daddy's touch anymore, I can only wistfully imagine it.

But him, he felt broad...and strong-

"Listen toots, are ya gonna keep starin' at the window, or are ya gonna help me with this dead body,"

Oh right, the boy

Bugsy found a boy along the shore, face up with crabs crawling alongside his paled face. His arms were bent at weird angles and black seaweed stationed itself in his drenched hair.

I think he accidentally drowned, but Bugsy's thoughts often travel to a much darker place when the topic of death surfaces. 

"We can't put you in there Bugs, his body is horrendous," I take in his decaying form, his body still looks fresh but I know the smell of decay will soon waft through the air.

His skin is slowly turning a pale yellow instead of its original tone, sun kissed maybe? Or porcelain? It's hard to tell at this point.

His mouth is open wide, a crab scuttles around his mouth before making its exit out of his nostril. A light brown eye is opened wide framed with long lashes, however, the retina's are lined with red, the blood vessels about to burst.

Bugsy said he lost the other eyeball but I think he's put it in one of his jars again.

Bugsy jerks around, his ears flopping all over the place. I just know he would roll his eyes if he could.

"Listen Frey, this body is the only body, the only chance that I have," His stuffed head flops onto my newly acquired yellow dress, while his ears twitch eagerly.

"You said it yourself, you've brought bodies back to life before," He immediately hops up onto my bed frame, hanging off the metal bars of the headboard.

"So what's another body to add to the list? You place me into my newest form and I'll be outta ya curls foreva, capeesh?"

"What I said was that I've done it once, and only once," I correct him as I fold my arms.

And I will always regret it.

"Listen Bugs, death is something that you do not want to mess with," I inform him, trying my absolute hardest to keep from angering him.