D is for Death

4

Laurance stared at Zane in disbelief, shaking his head before glancing at Vylad.
So many thoughts flooded his mind as he looked at the younger sibling for confirmation.
Vylad looked noticeably disheveled, his cheeks shown dry tears and his hair crowding most of his face.

Laurance began to feel his eyes burn as his eyes threatened to look at everyone else. Words couldn't describe the heavy guilt he held upon his shoulders.

"H-He's... he's gone? The doctors checked?" His voice cracked and everyone sent him pitiful looks at how small his voice sounded.

"I'm sorry Laur, he- the doctors checked. I'm so sorry." Cadenza was the first to speak and opened her arms as if an invitation to a hug.

Before anyone else could respond a sharp loud cry of grief corrupted the house. Cadenza frowned and her arms immediately wrapped around her brother's sobbing form.

"Will you be okay Laurance?" Kawaii~Chan's voice mumbled over the quiet cries.

"No! No I won't! My freaking best friend is dead! I-Isn't tha-... that g-great!?" Laurance retorted.

A clear upset bluenette male kneeled down next to the brunette and placed a hand on top of the other's shaking hand in attempt to calm him down.
Laurance's sobs quiet as Travis rubs his back softly to assure the grieving boy it would be okay, even if it wasn't.

"Why?"