Another Theory

-Nefriit- came up with this one. They said:
"Sadly, I don't know the page number.. but in the book, Darkstalker asks (I think [to] Anemone??) what tribe is the wealthiest.. Anemone replies, assuming it was the Sandwings after the Great War. At the end of the book, it says 'In the kingdom of Sand, three explosions rocked the markets at three different oases, time to go off simultaneously.' Like Darkstalker was sending enchanted dragons to steal Sandwing treasure???? Did he enchant Queen Thorn?? It also says that Icewings [were] hit by the plague, right as Darkstalker rises out of the mountains. What a coincidence?? He hates Icewings/Arctic/(maybe) the royal family?? And Queen Glacier dies?? Is Darkstalker trying to take over the Icewings? Or start another war? Also, when Glacier dies... [who's] next in line?? If I remember correctly, its Icicle.

Which means we're in deep trouble."

I personally wouldn't be surprised if Darkstalker plagued the Icewings to get  Icicle the throne. She is a bit mentally unstable and easily corrupted. She'd definitely work for Darkstalker to gain power. And then Darkstalker would kill her, taking the throne, giving him even more power. This would be a great way for him to avenge his mother.
What do you think?

-DuffelSnuff