That Night

The sky was clear and beautiful; stars shone brightly, watching over their beautiful galaxies and universes whilst our puny minds saw small shining spots, things that are in reality much too big for our little brains to comprehend. Space.

It was midnight. 2010. But time ticks on; there is a whole future and a vast length of history, everything is eventually turned into history, it's not even clear if our minds can comprehend that. One man. A madman in a box, he is is control of this, he travels through space and time, and he is the man that could kill us all; or save us all.

I was in my small town, in my small house, in my small bedroom; watching out the window, waiting for my imaginary friend to take me away and into the stars and into the night. I was a lonely little girl who wanted to escape from the small bedroom, the small house, the small town. My name is Amelia Pond.

'When I was a little girl, I had an imaginary friend. And when I grew up, he came back. He's called the Doctor. He comes from somewhere else. He's got a box called the TARDIS that's bigger on the inside and can travel anywhere in time and space. I ran away with him, and we've been running ever since.'