11 | Flint's Fabulous Fashions

"Mom, five more minutes." I groan, after a voice stirs me awake from a peaceful sleep.

"I'm not your mom, but you can call me daddy." I peek an eye open to Flint's grinning face.

"When did you become so dirty?" I question, pushing myself up from my previous position. "First the lingerie, and now this?"

"You can't make dirty jokes when you first meet a girl." He explains, tossing me a pair of clothes he had already conjured. "Or then, she'll think you're a douche."

I roll my eyes, grab the clothes, and head into the bathroom as he waits outside.

"So are we gonna talk about the fact that I saw your naked-"

"Nope," I answer swiftly, without any hesitation. It is like he likes to be in awkward positions. I rinse my toothpaste filled mouth and start to change into my fresh pair of clothes. He had conjured up a simple blue pastel skater dress. When I finish putting it on, I realize something.

"Flint," I say, pulling opening the door. Staring at the hems of the dress, I attempt to pull them lower. "Don't we have to wear black for work?" He stays silent for a few seconds, so I look back up, only to find that his green eyes were already looking at me. "Flint?"

As if I had pulled him from a trance, he shakes his head and reappears with a smile. "We don't have work today. We're going out on the town!" He throws his hands in the air and waits for my expression to match his.

"Going out in this?" I say, tugging at the hems once again. "I don't really like it."

"But you look beautiful." He catches himself and clears his throat before he continues. "If you don't feel comfortable, you should change." I don't say anything for a minute, so he continues. "Just wear what you want."

He starts to make the bed, and I watch his face as I head towards the dresser. Hints of sadness shine through his smile. Not too much, but just enough for me to notice.

I stop and start towards the bed. "You know, for a guy, you have a good fashion sense." I grab the other side of the cover, and we straighten out the duvet.

"I feel like that is sexist," he says. He raises an eyebrow and gives me a disapproving shake of the head. His black hair flops around while he does it, and I can't help but laugh. "Why are you laughing? This is a serious matter! Sexism is important. MEN'S RIGHTS!" He screams, now marching around the room. I laugh some more before shouting back.

"MEN'S RIGHTS IS NOTHING!" He stops in his tracks and stares at me with an accusing grin.

"Did you just quote Parks and Recreation?" I nod with a smile wider than his.

"Did they even have Parks and Rec. when you were alive?" I ask, he flops dramatically on the bed, as if he had just been shot.

"How old do you think I am?" He scoffs. I head towards the dresser again, but this time he doesn't notice.

"I don't know. Age doesn't matter down here. You could be sixty for all I know," I say. Carefully, I clutch the newly conjured item in my right hand.

"Sixty!" He pops back up; his eyes challenging the size of his mouth. "This kind of charm and wit doesn't come with a grumpy 60 year old."

"You are right. It comes with a relaxed 80 year old." He frowns once more, and I finally reveal the item I have in my palms.

"A necklace?" He asks, standing up to get a better look.

"I thought you had good fashion sense." Itsk at him, before continuing. "An accessory is needed to pull together this outfit." I hand it to him for him to tie, and he smiles.

His hands brush the back of my neck, sending a tingle down my spine. After he pushes my hair away, I hear the click of the necklace and four words come to mind.

I am not alone.

-☠ -

"It's our day off, and you take me to a garden."

His smile falls, when he realizes how unenthusiastic I am about his plans. "What is wrong with a garden?"

"It is just-" I pause, looking at the large gray gates, and then, Flint's sad face. "Perfect. So very perfect." I can tell he doesn't believe me, but he takes my acceptance anyway.

If I was alive, this is the opposite of what I would be doing on a Saturday afternoon. Nature was not-and never will be-my place of expertise. I preferred the restaurants and the mall. Maybe even the couch next to the T.V. Netflix made me happy, not nets and flicking mosquitos off my skin.

To be fair, I only vaguely remember going to a garden once. It had been for Amara's first birthday. This was at the point of time where my parents stayed at home long enough, to actually plan a party for one of us. I was 4 at the time, and most of the things I know are from the stories I was told. There was only one memory I truly had.

Johnny, my closest friend at the time, took my hand and we snuck away into the forest surrounding the garden. I remember how we sat, surrounded by all the trees, only the sounds of nature filling the air. He pointed out the bee nest that was hidden in the trees. Johnny-being three years older than me-seemed to be wiser. In reality, I had more common sense than him. He clutched the rock in his hand and aimed for the poor bee nest. I was watching from a distance, but when I saw bees flying out, I took off running. After 5 five minutes, Johnny came running as well. I don't know how he got the bees to go away, but he was wailing at the top of his lungs. Adults came running from every which way, and he spoke the first lie that had ever hurt me. He told everyone that I had hit the bees nest and left him behind. Despite my protests, everyone believed Johnny over me. Though the loss of a friend wasn't the worst part. I worst was how my parents didn't care that I might've done something bad. Instead, they scolded me for making a commotion at their party. For ruining their self image. Not once did they say that I shouldn't hit nests. Not once did they ever care that I might be crazy. They only cared about themselves and I learned that the hard way.

The thought of that memory puts a damper on my mood, but I still play it off with a smile. "Let's go!" I say, allowing him to lead me into the gates of the garden. 

Author's Note:

FILLER ALERT!!!   (also how weird was that title :/ I tried my best, alliteration is not easy)

Once again, I realize that this is a filler chapter, and I am truly am sorry. If it were up to me (wait isn't it?), filler chapters would banned, but then again, you really need them to connect the story. Anyways, I really wanted to just focus on the garden for a chapter, so that is why I did not continue writing. I stuck some Flina (that is my best attempt at a ship name for Flint and Ana- by all means please comment some better ones) moments in there for y'all. Anyways, the new chapter is coming soon I think. This week I have just been doing really well with the whole posting this so yeah "flip hair" it is pretty awesome. 

Anyways, if you like this chapter please click that little star and comment. It would mean a lot to me and I would love to chat with you guys on what you think of the book. 

Auf Wiedersehen (goodbye in german) till next chapter 

-Sasha <3