Chapter 3 Home Sweet Home

Two chapters tonight because I just got a new read! Yay! Enjoy xx

          We pulled into a very lovely neighborhood. It was a gated community of course because after losing two family members my mom vowed to keep the two of us safe. We weaved our way through our new neighborhood and turned into a cul de sac. Our house was the one at the very back middle. We then pulled straight into the driveway of our new home. Even though i was still pissed off about moving so far away, I had to admit this new house was beautiful. It was rather big for just two people but I loved it. "Wow mom, it really is amazing! I hate to admit it, but I love it already!" This house gave me hope that living here, in this new town, might actually turn out okay. "I knew you'd love it! Lets go inside so you can see your new home." My mom seemed happier too.

     I grabbed my small brown cross over purse and got out of the car. The walk way to the house was all dark colored stone. The front yard was landscaped beautifully! There was a giant porch that wrapped all the way around the house. It was all a dark shade of brown. There was a garden full of bright colored flowers all outlining the front of the porch. Whoever last lived here left it in great shape.

     I walked up the large steps onto the porch and sat on the small swing. It was a brand new white swing that I instantly loved. I had already found my new favorite place to relax my mind and think. My mom unlocked the big dark wooded door and opened it carefully. I began to walk in and my jaw nearly dropped to the ground.

     The entry way was a big space with wood floors that shimmered. The living room was off to the side a bit. A giant empty room with tall ceilings and more shiny wood floors. We always had carpet and I loved the thought of never having to vacuum again.

      I next walked into the kitchen. It had a big bar that connected the counter tops together that were all pure dark tan granite. There was a big black stove and black fridge to go with it. The dinning room was connected and was very elegant. There was a huge brown table with chairs around it and a big chandelier hanging above it. There were lots of giant windows throughout the house that scared me a bit. Someone could see right in. I remembered that we lived in a gated community with other wealthy people like us. That made me feel a bit better about it. I made my way up the giant wooden stairs that went up and turned to the left.

     There was a huge balcony that looked down to the living room. There were two bedrooms a bathroom and a workout room as well. I loved it so much because the whole upstairs was practically mine!

     I was a bit of a fitness fanatic, so I would make good use of my own private gym room. Being fit and in shape made it easier for me to do what I really love most. I had been in track since I began sixth grade.

     I have always loved running because I am very fast. I've won many first place medals in all of my years. I was one of the best ones in my district. That's another thing that's going to suck. I have to began track with new people for senior year. My dream was always to win first place at state my senior year. I always thought I had a good chance, but now I can't be for sure.

     I decided on the room i wanted as mine because it had a cute little seat by the window for me to look out of. I have always wanted one and now I finally can. My new room also had a walk in closet that I was excited to fill with all my clothes.

My bathroom was quite big for one person. A shower and a bath tub whit jets. It had a huge counter and many draws. I needed a lot of space for all of my hair products. I have long blonde wavy hair and I almost always curl or straighten it. For a seventeen year old girl I don't really wear all that much makeup. I only wear a small amount of mascara and occasionally some eyeliner and light eyeshadow. My bright blue eyes don't need much to stand out.

     I walk downstairs to see that the big truck with all of our stuff has arrived. I told my mom I was going to go check out the backyard. I opened the glass door to the back and was shocked yet again. It was a giant backyard. There was a big rectangular crystal clear pool surrounded by flowers and nice landscaping. There were lawn chairs next to the pool where I new I'd spend the majority of next summer.

     There was a big hot tube on the corner of the porch.

     But behind all of that I was dying to see what was beyond my tall wooden fence. I climbed to the top of it to look over. Wow! Behind our amazing new house was beautiful woods. Tons of trees and bushes. There was a stream of water running through it and the air smelled so fresh.

     Just beyond all of that I saw something poking out between the trees way in the distance. I couldn't quite make out what it was. It was either a business building or it could possibly be a house maybe? My curiosity got that best of me like normal. I had to know what that was.

      I looked back to make sure my mom was still occupied with the movers. When the coast was all clear, I hopped over the tall fence. I didn't think about how I would get back over, but that didn't matter to me right now. I only wanted to know what the peculiar tall building was at the back of the woods.

     I was careful to not trip or get my outfit too dirty. My white converse were getting a little muddy but I could wash those easy. I was wearing my favorite pair of high wasted black jean shorts and just a plain maroon tank top. I had stupidly forgot my cross over was still on. I diffidently couldn't loose that or get it dirty. 

      As I continued my walk through the pretty meadows and trees I got closer and closer to the mysterious building, which I had decided was a large house. Whoever built the house really wanted to keep it completely unseen. 

     It was almost completely covered by tall oak trees and it wouldn't be noticed unless someone was really looking good. No one would for sure go jumping over the fence into the forest to get a closer look either. The previous owners were most likely old snooty people who didn't even care. No one would actually go exploring back here besides someone like me. People in that kind of neighborhood wouldn't be walking around a dirty place as this. I just wanted to find somthing fun to do.

      I finally got close enough to the house to really observe it. It was even more breathtaking then my own! Whoever lived here must just completely rich. They lived in a concealed area and it made sense now. There was something about the house that gave me the creeps though.

     There were many windows on the house. There was a big black gate in front of it. I figured that whoever lives here most likely never gets company because their house is cut off from the rest of the neighborhood. My mother raised me to be polite and a genuine girl. So I decided to go and introduce myself to whoever lived here. They might want to know that their nearest neighbors aren't rude snobs like the rest of the community.

     The gate was locked so I looked around for a way to get in. There was brick wall all around the gate and I found a small rock pathway I could climb. I climbed slowly and finally reached the top. I slide down the side and scraped my arm. I was bleeding, not bad, but enough. I looked around and  I saw there was two cars in the drive way. A brand new black Camero and Range rover. I assumed there were maybe more cars in the garage.

     I walked up the winding stepping stone walk path to the front door.

  I swallowed the big lump in my throat and pushed the frightening thoughts that whoever would answer the door might be trouble to the back of my head and rang the door bell. I could hear it echoing inside loudly. I heard someones footsteps increasing as they approached the door.

      The giant door opened steadily and finally revealed a tall man. He was at least 6'2 and was very broad. He had a black hoodie on with the hood up blocking his face. I saw a bit of blonde hair poking out of the top. He had on grey sweats that revealed how strong he was. He slowly took off his hoodie and I could do nothing but stare in awe.

     He finally spoke in a deep accented voice "Who are you and how the hell did you make your way onto my property?" He crinkled his nose and stepped back a bit noticing my bleeding arm. "And why are you bleeding so damn much!"

I hope this was a long enough chapter! It was sort of slow but I needed to fully describe the surroundings and setting of her neighborhood in full detail to paint a picture! Now that a new character has been added the story will get much more interesting and pick up the pace I promise ;) Comment and Vote please! Thank you xx