Thank You

Dear Dax,

Remember when I was in grade four and you were in grade six? I didn't even know your name, hell, I resorted to calling you 'Darielle's brother' just to piss you off. That was so worth it, you know?

We weren't close, at all, and I couldn't even remember your three letter name until I was in grade six, when I became best friends with your baby sister.

Then came freshmen year when you were there for me during my mental breakdown. We became best friends, in fact we were so close that all our schoolmates thought we were dating, as if! I remember 'Mana Cabbana' and 'Drake Black,' and even how we would jokingly ship Drama.

I remember all the petty fights and how you had my back even when I was wrong, I remember how you got me the heart necklace I wanted for my twelfth birthday, I remember how you introduced me to your family, and how we wrote songs and just hung out in each others rooms.

I also remember when you said you didn't care about me on Valentines Day this year. It hurt because I didn't even know why you gave up on me, but you did and I've accepted that. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for putting you through so much crap and that I'll always care about you.

Yours Truly, A.

---

Dear Darielle,

I remember when we first met, we were classmates. To say we weren't instant buddies would be the understatement of the century, I was a massive bitch to you yet in grade six when I was all alone you took me into your group and became my best friend.

I remember freshmen year, how we got closer, how we fought, how we made up, how I was there for you and vice versa. I remember how we rarely texted yet always had this bond that was hard to break.

I remember sophomore year, this year, and how you made me feel like a part of your family. How we spent our birthdays, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years together,

I also remember how you were irrationally mad at me and how I was tired of apologizing for things that weren't even my fault. I remember how you gave up on me like D would in less than a month after you. I remember how you lied to our friends so they would take your side, and I hate you for that.

But I do care about you a little, and I always will. You taught me not to trust people easily, so thanks for that lesson.

Yours Truly, A.

---

Thank you for the laughs, the inspiration, the feeling of belonging, the tears, the pain, the heartbreak, but most of all, thank you for 'The Poetry of A Broken Girl.'