1: A Different Outcome

Obi Wan, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, ans Saesee Tiin were preparing to board a gunship to the Chancellor's office.

Anakin entered the hangar and ran up to Obi Wan, out of breath. "Obi Wan, I must talk to you."

"What is it, Anakin?  We have just received word that Master Windu has destroyed General Grievous. We are on our way to make sure the Chancellor returns emergency powers back to the Senate." Obi Wan asked.

"He won't give up his power. I've just learned a terrible truth. I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord." Anakin reported.

"A Sith Lord? Are you sure?" Obi Wan questioned.

"Yes. He's the one we have been looking for." Anakin answered.

"How do you know this?" Obi Wan asked.

"He knows the ways of the Force. He has been trained to use the dark side."  Anakin replied.

"Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive." Obi Wan said, stroking his beard.

"Master, the Chancellor is very powerful. You will need my help if you are going to arrest him." Anakin begged his former master and friend.

"Anakin, I already have help. I need you to report to master Yoda and help set up defenses around the Temple in case something goes wrong. Can you do that?" Obi Wan asked, looking Anakin in the eyes.

Anakin sighed. "Yes, Master, but please, be careful!"

Obi Wan cocked an eyebrow. "Look who's talking." Then, all banter aside Obi Wan nodded. "I'll be careful, Anakin. Now, go."

Anakin did, but not before he looked at Obi Wan once more.

-SW-

Anakin rushed to the Council Chamber and reported to Master Yoda.

"Serious, this is. Precautions must we take." Yoda said.

"Yes, Master." Anakin bowed.

Yoda looked at him with his luminous yellow eyes. "Worry for Obi Wan, you feel."

Anakin sighed. "Yes."

"Hmm. Feel danger do you?" Yoda asked.

Anakin closed his eyes and focused. He sunk himself in the Force and searched for his friend. A sense of fear, darkness, and yes danger.

Anakin's eyes popped open. "Master, I need to go help!"

Yoda closed his eyes. "The will of the Force, this is. Careful, must you be of your emotions. Anger, fear, aggression, remember, a Jedi feels not these thing. Now, hurry. Little time is there."

Anakin ran out of the Council Chamber and jumped into his speeder. Faster! Faster! Come on, don't let me be too late!

-SW-

The sky was still blue as a Gunship set down on the Senate landing pad. Obi Wan felt a faint tingle of danger but brushed it off, prepared for it. He took a calming breath, centered himself, and prepared to face a Sith yet again.

He felt dread that refused to be banished. Unbidden memories of the red Zabrack assassin and Zigoola ran on an endless loop in his mind. He shook them off and exited the gunship with the rest of the Jedi.

They entered the lobby and incapacitated the guards. Using the Force, they opened the doors to Palpatine's office.

"Master Kenobi. I take it General Grievous has been destroyed by Master Windu? I must say, you're here sooner than expected." Sidious voiced.