5: Epilogue

A week later, Obi Wan was sitting next to Anakin's bed again, waiting for him to wake up. Anakin's vitals were good but he was yet to regain consciousness.

Obi Wan ran a hand over Anakin's hair, something he had done when Anakin was a child and upset. He sighed, hoping his friend would wake up soon.

Anakin twitched. It was small, but he moved. "Anakin?" Obi wan asked.

Anakin groaned. "Anakin!"

Anakin opened his eyes blearily. "...Obi Wan?" He asked, his voice weak.

Obi Wan smiled. "Yes, Anakin. How are you?"

"Tired..." Anakin muttered, eyes already closing.

"Get some sleep, Little Brother." Obi wan said. (A/N: Here's the source of the title!)

Anakin smiled and fell asleep. 

-SW-

The next day, Anakin awoke, looking more alert. When he looked over at Obi wan next to him, he smiled. "What happened?" he asked.

Obi Wan smiled. "What happened? You saved my life, that's what." 

Anakin's eyes widened and he sat bolt upright as he remembered. Anakin would have fallen sideways, but Obi Wan caught his shoulders and helped him lay back.

Once Anakin was situated again he said, "Sdious-fight-LIGHTNING?!" He was having trouble stringing a sentence together.

"Relax, Anakin. Sidious is dead, I'm alive, and you are going to be fine." Obi Wan soothed.

"What happened to me?" Anakin asked. Obi wan shifted somewhat uncomfortably.

"Well, when Sidious, um, killed me, you used the Force to save my life. In doing so, you gave me some of your Life-Force and you almost died. I went to a planet called Myrkr and got a special plant that saved you." Obi Wan summarized.

Anakin blinked, digesting that. Then he smiled. "Thank you."

Obi wan shook his head. "I should be the one thanking you. I was dead!" 

Anakin shrugged. "Guess we're even."

Obi wan smiled down at Anakin. Anakin looked thoughtful.

"What are you thinking, Anakin?" Obi Wan asked.

"Well...I was wondering that if I gave you some of my Life-Force does that make us real brothers?" Anakin wondered.

Obi wan shrugged. "You know what, Anakin? It doesn't matter. We are brother by everything but blood." 

Anakin and Obi wan shared a smile. They were family no matter what.

*348 words

FIN!

A/N: Hope this was good. It was my first sort-of oneshot. I hope you enjoyed it! I enjoyed writing it. Did anyone else notice the significance of Anakin saying they were equal? If so, congrats! I'm gonna try to update as regularly as I can considering my crazy busy summer. Watch out for new stories or updates on old ones!

Turtlephant