2: Problem

After he was struck with the lightning, Obi Wan thought he was dead. He was drifting in the nothingness, no pain or connection to his body. Just consciousness. The nothingness was interrupted by a shining white door. He had a feeling going through the door meant leaving everything behind. He reached for the handle but he was yanked cruelly away, the nothingness tunneling before his eyes.

In the Halls of Healing, a very confused Obi Wan Kenobi opened his eyes and sat bolt upright. He looked around and saw Master Vokara Che.

"Master? What is going on?" He asked.

"You know, I haven't the faintest clue." She said, then she shook her head as if to clear it. Her lekku were twitching in agitation or surprise. "How are you feeling, Obi Wan?" She asked.

"Fine. I'm a little confused as to how I got here..." Then his eyes opened wide. "Anakin! Sidious! What happened!?" He exclaimed.

For the first time, Obi Wan noticed Anakin was lying on the floor, seemingly unconscious. There was a healer bending over him. Kyra, the healer, looked up at him and smiled. (A/N: Kyra's back! She's one of my OCs in one of my other fanfics.)

"What happened?" Obi Wan asked again.

"I don't know the whole story. Anakin brought you in here. You were barely alive. He said you'd been electrocuted. You-we couldn't-um..." Master Vokara Che couldn't finish. Obi Wan had never seen the usually serene master this flabbergasted.

"You died, Anakin did something crazy with the Force, passed out, and poof! Here you are." Kyra summarized.

Suddenly, Obi Wan understood why Master Vokara Che was so flabbergasted. He sunk back into his pillows, digesting what he had learned.

He really had died. Only Anakin had saved him. What an odd feeling...
Anakin!
"Will he be alright?" He asked Kyra.
She nodded. "I think so. He exhausted himself. I need to get him into an examination room to be sure." That shook Master Vokara Che out of her daze. She lifter Anakin with the help of Kyra and one other healer. They took Anakin to another room, leaving one healer with Obi Wan.

Suddenly exhausted, Obi Wan closed his eyes. Apparently, coming back from the dead was draining. As he slipped into sleep, he sent a thank you to his former padawan through their Bond.

-SW-

Anakin was confused. Very confused. He was sitting in his old slave quarters. His mother was there cooking, When he went over to hug her, his hands went right through her. Then he remembered; his mother was dead. He was a Jedi. Okay...what was he doing here.

Suddenly, Qui Gon walked through the door. Unlike his mother, Qui Gon saw Anakin and beckoned to him. Befuddled, Anakin followed.

Once he exited his old home, he found himself in a white void with Qui Gon standing next to him.

Wait...Qui Gon was dead! Had he killed himself, saving Obi Wan? Was he-

"No, Anakin, you aren't dead." Qui Gon answered his unspoken question. "I wanted to talk to you."

"Okay?" Anakin said, more a question.

"What you did is supposed to be impossible!" Qui Gon said. "It was possible for Darth Plagueis to keep someone from dying, but even he couldn't revive someone after they had died. Also, you used the Light Side. No one had done that before."

"Um, then how did I do it? And, how am I talking to you? You died." Anakin asked, confused.

Qui Gon laughed. "Anakin, I'm sorry. I am using the Force to communicate with you. I learned how to do it before I died."

"Oh." was all Anakin could think to say.

Qui Gon looked Anakin in the eyes. "Thank you for saving Obi Wan, Anakin. As much as I would like to see him again in the same plane of existence, I would rather wait a bit longer."

"So I did save him!" Anakin sighed in relief.

"I don't know how, but yes you did, but in doing it, you took a lot out of yourself. As I said, what you did is supposed to be impossible. You gave all you had to Obi Wan. It will take a long time for you to feel yourself again. I don't know if there will be any side-effects because we have no previous information." Qui Gon warned.
"I would do it again." Anakin said. "Even if there are side effects. I couldn't let him die!"
Qui Gon smiled. "I know." His form shivered. He tilted his head as if he could hear something Anakin couldn't.
"My time with you is over, Anakin. I have to go. May the Force be with you. I'm proud of you." Qui Gon told him.
The white void faded away and Anakin awoke to a terrible pain flaring throughout his entire body. He tried to scream but his voice wouldn't work. The agony didn't fade, torturing Anakin for defying the laws of the Force. Eventually, someone noticed his distress and used the Force to send him into the sweet oblivion of sleep.
-SW-
Obi Wan awoke feeling completely fine. Not tired, in pain, or dizzy. He felt...normal. He shouldn't. He should be dead. He felt a twinge in the Force. Something was wrong. What was it? He extended his senses and when he focused in on Anakin, he felt unbearable pain. He shot out of his bed, thankful that he was still in is Jedi tunic and ran to Anakin's room. He was led by his Bond with his friend. His brother. 
When he entered the room he could feel the waves of pain rolling off of Anakin. He ran over to him and put a hand on Anakin's forehead. Anakin didn't seem aware of him. Finally, to take away some of the pain, Obi Wan used a Force Suggestion to send Anakin to sleep.
Leaving his hand on Anakin's forehead, Obi Wan tried to find the source of Anakin's pain. He closed his eyes and searched. Some of Anakin's Life-Force was missing. Something deep in Obi Wan shivered. It wasn't missing. It was inside him. Anakin had given it to him!
What do I do? Is this something for Master Vokara Che? No, it's not physical. I need advice! Obi Wan sighed. There was nothing he could do.
Hello Obi Wan. said a familiar voice he had never thought to hear again.
"Master Qui Gon?!" Obi Wan asked.
Yes, old friend. You need advice?
"Yes! What can I do to help Anakin?"
There was a short silence. Anakin gifted some of himself to you to save your life. This had never been done before. Only now do we know that it will kill him if action isn't taken. There is one thing that may save him. On the planet Myrkr, a special kind of organisms evolved. Organisms that used the Force to hunt prey or avoid becoming prey. Ysalamiri are albino lizard like creatures that suppress the Force. The planet is usually avoided by Force Users. There is a special plant that the Ysalamiri eat that helped them develop their powers. This plant may be able to help Anakin. It is called the Living Force. It grows in the roots of the Olbio trees. On Myrkr you will have no access to the Force. There are dangerous predators called Vornskrs that will try to attack you. Be prepared...
Qui Gon's voice faded, leaving Obi Wan consumed with his own thoughts and a sense of guilt. "You saved my life, Anakin. Now, let me return the favor."

*1279 words