Chapter 2: The Initiation

« There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. » Proverbs 14:12 

« But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

There is no peace, saith my God to the wicked. » Isaiah 57: 20-21

And life outside Jesus Christ is exactly as stated in the above Scriptures. I left my village armed with N50 and the address given to me by Alice, escaping to freedom, liberty, enjoyment and all that go with them: but as you will see later it was far from what I had conceived in my young heart. When I arrived in Lagos, it was so beautiful in my eyes and I compared it with Heaven, whatever Heaven is like. I saw all those tall and beautiful buildings and on each face I could see happiness (so I thought). People appeared very busy each one minding his/her business. I was excited and said to myself, "Now I know I am free!

I arrived at Akintola Road, Victoria Island and was well received by Alice and her parents. The parents knew me and my background as we came from the same village but never knew of my relationship with their daughter. Alice then introduced me to them as a man she has ‘chosen’ to marry. The parents were shocked but after some discussions with her, agreed on the condition that they would further my education. Alice rejected their offer and requested that I be allowed to live with her in her own flat. The parents could not accept this but she insisted. They had a strong argument for four days and under some unexplained influence they agreed and I moved in with Alice.

Alice, a very beautiful girl, told me that she was an accountant with the Standard Bank and that she would make me rich and give me all that I needed in this life and said: “Just settle down and enjoy yourself!” My first impression about Lagos was true after all; few months ago I was in a small hut in a small village surrounded by hatred, starvation and suffering and here I am, living in a big city, in a well furnished flat with a beautiful ‘wife’ who had promised to give me all that life could offer. She showered me with gifts, money, clothing, ‘love’ etc. I never knew that the world was filled with these ‘good things’. The devil indeed is a deceiver! The Scripture rightly says: “The thief cometh not but for to steal, to kill and to destroy. ONLY the son of man (JESUS CHRIST) can give life and give it more abundantly” (John 10: 10). Dear reader, the devil has no free gift! Whatever he gives you is for an exchange with your soul. This state of euphoria was short-lived, because after a period of three months strange things started happening.

The Mysterious Experiences

One night, I woke up in the dead of the night and found a boa-constrictor beside me. I wanted to shout but could not. Some nights, I would wake up to see Alice’s body as transparent as a cellophane bag. Some nights, she would disappear and reappear. Some nights I would hear strange noises or dancing in the living room etc. I could no longer bear these fearful happenings so I decided to ask her, and the first reaction was violence and serious warning. She said: “Do not ask me this question again or else I will deal with you.”

From then I knew my life was in danger. I then preferred the sufferings in the village to what I came to discover. I became afraid of her. Two days passed and she came with smiles, gifts and hugged me. She told me how much she loved and cared for me and encouraged me not to be afraid and promised to explain things to me later. She took me to a night club and there reminded me of her promise to make me rich etc., and told me: “ONE DAY YOU WILL KNOW ALL THAT I KNOW!” We came back and life continued as normal between us. Inwardly I knew I was in danger, but how could I escape and where would I escape to? It is important to note here that Alice’s parents did not know that their daughter, though young, was involved seriously in occultism and spiritualism and she seriously warned me never to tell them if I loved my life. Dear reader, can you imagine, a 20 year old girl doing all these things? The outside world saw her as a very beautiful and harmless girl working with a big Bank but she was the devil’s agent. There are a lot of Alices in the world today as you will find out later in this book.