2

dedicated to Dino_flowers101 for all of her amazing help ♥ thank you hun

The next day Louis is finally going to pick up on the case by interrogating a few people.

This could either be Louis’ favorite part of the job or the worse part. He and his partner detective Liam are known to be phenomenal in the interrogation room. They were awarded four times for their strategies that make Class A criminals spill information needed to solve a case. They had just the right amount of torment to their routine as well as a “good cop, bad cop” procedure. Though, not in a cheesy way.

 Liam, just like Louis, wasn’t born in California. He was born and raised in New Jersey. He had a strong accent and a bit of a temper but he was still a sweet guy. Sweet enough to be the ‘good’ cop out of the pair.

Louis pulled in front of Liam’s two story house, where Liam, his wife, and kids were all sharing their goodbyes. He stared at them for a moment not bothering to honk the horn even though he and Liam were running late.

Liam, my man, you have such a beautiful family.

It made him proud to see that his best friend finally pulled through, got married, had kids, and is really living his life unlike himself.  

 Liam was actually afraid of that kind of commitment. He couldn’t see himself happy in such a stable position but Louis somehow convinced him otherwise.

If only he could take his own advice.

Finally Liam and his family were done with their goodbyes and Liam jogged over to Louis’ car.

Louis rolled down the window. “Hey little boy, want some candy?” he said attempting a low raspy accent.

Liam laughed and hopped in the passenger seat. “Mom said not to talk to strangers but if you try anything I got a gun, mister.” He pointed to his Glock 22 in his holster.

Louis smirked. “Well mine is bigger.”

Liam snorted. “Well I'm quicker.”

“Are you sure that's a good thing Liam?”

“Good job Louis by making something like kidnapping and guns sound way kinkier than it is.” Louis just chuckled and drove off waving at Liam’s wife while at it.

“Thanks, it's my speciality. Did you look at the case file chief sent?”

Liam jittered. Of course he didn't.

“Briefly. You know how things are-”

“Yeah with your busy life having kids, being married, watching the Gotham marathon and all.”

“Hey, you don't know half of it. Being a family man has it's days. The kids need this, your wife need that, you gotta fix-”

“Who do you think Joker is?”

“Oh boy I don't know I kinda had a feeling the Jerome kid might be but then he's too young not to mention he would've- wait a minute, you tricked me!”

“I don't know what you're talking about. Good to know you’re caught up though.”

Liam crossed his arms and pushed back in his seat. “See this is why chief likes you more than me. You bamboozle like no other. Me on the other hand, I'm just a nice guy who can't even get a ten month old to call me dada.”

“Parenting and criminal interrogation are two different things lad. Besides, chief likes us both equally though I tend to piss him off more.”

“You piss everyone off.”