Chapter One: Weapons Specialist

She stormed off.

Two men stared after her. One of them was ready to run after her, clearly confused with her reaction, the other smirking, clearly impressed at the young prodigy as she slammed the door closed.

"She'll be back" said Cobb. He picked up a towel, rubbing a bit of sweat off him as he walked towards Arthur, the Point Man of their group. The woman was impressive. Back when he first tried dream manipulation, he couldn't handle the complexity of it all. With a little bit of practice and a few tricks from Arthur, building mazes will be easy for her.

"I've never seen anyone pick it up that quickly before. Reality's not gonna be enough for her now. When she comes back, you're gonna have her building mazes" he said, pulling out a bag, getting his things together for a trip.

"Where're you gonna be?" asked Arthur. He placed the PASIV device down, finished fixing the IV tubing into the briefcase. He stared at Cobb hurryingly shoving clothes in to his pack.

"I gotta go visit Eames." Arthur scoffed, now that would be stupid. "Eames? No, he's in Mombasa."

Cobol Engineering would be right on his tail the second he lands on Kenya.

"A necessary risk."

"There's plenty of good thieves-"Arthur tried to reason to the Extractor. Cobol Engineering placed a price on both their heads after that mishap with Saito. With money like that, contract killers wouldn't think twice in pulling the trigger straight through their head; Cobol wasn't exactly known for their understanding nature.

"We don't just need a thief, we need a forger. Plus, I think it's time to visit Cleo. We may need her for this." Cobb smiled, remembering the British woman who saved their lives countless of times in the field, mostly from failed contracts. She was small, not more than five feet, but she can pack up a punch or put a bullet straight through an eye whenever needed.

"Cleo? What do we need with a weapons specialist? We're not expecting a war zone anytime soon"

Cobb stopped what he was doing. He sat down next to his pack, staring at the floor. "Maybe not, but this is my last chance to clear my name, my last chance to see my kids again," he whispered, barely heard as Arthur moved closer to his friend, "I'm not taking any chances." The determination can be heard clearly. He zipped his bag close, ready to leave before night time.

Arthur sympathized with his friend, he knew how much this job meant to him. It's been years since he last saw his kids. A chance, no matter how slim it was, to see your children again was worth taking. "Well, this'll be fun. Cleo and Eames were pretty good together last time they took a job with us." A chuckle escaped Arthur's lips. Memories of the two arguing with each other, stealing each other's "toys" for target practice, and the mess they made on the old warehouse last they were left alone came back.

"Make sure to clean up after those two once they're here, alright?" Cobb laughed at that. They did act like old married couple at times when they work together, but he wouldn't have his team in any other way.