6: The Princes

LEYLA

LEYLA

Why am I stuck with a fish? Of all the mythical creatures, why a fish? I didn't ask for fish. I don't like seafood that much anyway. I glanced at him who was lying down on the sand on his back. He quickly glimpsed at me and gave me a glare, still mad about what I did.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. As I sat on the sparkly white sand, I can't help but glance at view in front of me. The only sounds that I heard were the waves splashing and the wind blowing. There wasn't a single bird in sight flying around. Odd.

"It's not everyday that I get to see a freaking mermaid," I blurted out. He scoffed and replied sarcastically, "Of course. That's why you prevented me from leaving and partially injured my tail. Oh, yeah I'm a mermaid. You got that right."

He sat up and hissed when accidentally touched his partially injured tail. "You should cut your fingernails. They're too long," he said nervously while glancing at my hands that was placed on my lap. Excuse me?

I glared at him in reply. He groaned in annoyance and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Please just-....Mind your business," he stuttered. I rolled my eyes and muttered, "He wants me to mind my own business when he was technically interfering with mine."

He looked at me with his purple eyes, intimidating me for a moment. He furrowed his eyebrows once he noticed that I've been staring at him. "What are you doing?" he said.

"I'm talking," I replied, wanting to irritate him. My response made the corners of his mouth curve into a smile, puzzling me. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why are you smiling, fish?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

He continued smiling, showing is porcelain white teeth. No, seriously. Why is he smiling at me like that? He widened his smile even more when he noticed how affected I am. His smile was kind of freaking me out.

There was silence. We continued staring at each other. I didn't know what to do. He kept smiling at me for no reason. I can't help but feel as if something bad was about to happen. The way he smiled at me gave me shivers.

The wind blew hard causing my long brown hair to hide my face. I rearranged my hair, tucking strands of hair behind my ear. That's when I heard him speak. "Why are you here?"

His tone was filled with venom. I was a bit shocked at the tone of his voice. It was as if someone took over his body. I looked at him, bewildered. He looked back at me with an emotionless expression leaving me puzzled.

His eyes were bright red. Hatred igniting in his eyes. "I'll ask you again. Why are you here?" he said, his bright red eyes glowing. His voice sounded like he has a sore throat. He looked at me straight in the eyes with an emotionless face.