one

You've got me surrounded,
It feels like I'm drowning and I don't want to come up for air.

She danced to the music blasting through the speakers of her headphones.
In the middle of the moonlight. An empty town, an empty street.
He was sitting under the traffic light, that went on and off.
This town needed money. But who will pay that when no one is living there?

The boy with black hair took another sip of the bottle he was holding in his hands, letting the last bit of his cigarette decay into the dark concrete.
He kept on watching her turning and dancing in the middle of the street to music only she was able to hear.
This was their thing.
Meeting at the old liquor store, getting something to drink and just talk the whole night through until they end up at the street where their ways part.
She would be drunk or on some drugs at that point, dancing like no one was watching her.
And he would be drunk, but sober enough to stare at her, admiring every move she made.

He loved her, just like she loved the pain.

She was all he could think about, she was always in his head.
When he was cleaning the abandoned house he was living in, when he was stealing food on the market next town, when he was searching through all the houses that were left behind for clothes and liquor.
She was drowining him without even being there, and he was the most happy person when he could just see her dance around and smiling like she never got hurt.

Like they never got hurt.
He never wanted it to end.

But everything ends someday and somehow.