|| two ||

"You punched him?" Doctor Carter - Jamie - ask

"You punched him?" Doctor Carter - Jamie - ask. Kim bit her lip as she nodded, not meeting the head's eyes. Her hand was bleeding, but not as much as Quinn was. She placed her hand and the ice pack on the desk as Kimberly met his eyes.

"I'm fine." Kim reassured, probably for the millionth time in the past hour. Jamie gave her a glare, and looked back at the ice pack.

Kim only stared back until Jamie flinched and yelled, "put the damn ice on your 2 million a year hand!"

Kim nodded slowly, putting the ice pack back on her hand as she watched the doctor huffed and rub his temple. Beside Kim sat Emily, who proclaimed that she had seen the entire situation at the door. She was silent for the interaction as she only watched Jamie and Kim have a battle of stubbornness.

Silence ensued, Kim crossing her legs as Jamie walked around his desk, leaning on the side of it as he sat on the front of it, and in front of Kim.

"Did you put her weight behind it?"

"All one hundred and fifty five pounds, sir." Kimberly smirked as Jamie grinned as well. Carter gestured for the two to exit but before they left, he spoke once again.

"And Emily," he began.

Emily turned around nervously as she placed her hands behind her back. He didn't look too serious but that was Doctor Carter for you. "Make sure she doesn't seen any patients today."

Emily nodded vigorously, dragging Kim out of the office and into the hall. Kim put the ice pack on some random nurse's desk and she turned to her best friend. Emily was basically jumping off the walls as she laughed - very loudly, Kim might add.

"You punched him. You stitched him up and minutes later, you rip the stitch by punching him. That might just top Alex's elevator story." Emily nudged her friend, walking back to the locker room to gather their things. Kim followed begrudgingly, her feet dragging as she didn't want to leave. Just because of some incident, she didn't want to go home.

Emily - not taking no as answer - dragged her friend to the locker room and grabbed her stuff for her. The two walked out of the hospital, a smile on Emily's face as they walked to Emily's car.

"Man, I love going home early." Emily spoke, putting her keys in ignition. Kim only rolled her eyes playfully.

"It's only eight, Em."

"That means I can actually have a social life!"

✖️

"Emily, I would like to sleep in my own apartment - without you rummaging through my kitchen this time!" Kim gave Emily a knowing look as Emily grinned toothy. She put her hands up in surrender as Kimberly has already made it to her door.

She waved at her friend, telling her to leave as Emily waved back, starting up the car again.

Kim opened her door, throwing her keys and wallet in the small plate beside the door. She looked at her hand, the bleeding had stopped but it was still very red. Kimberly sighed, shaking her hand whilst she started walking to her kitchen. She needed a drink.