Thriller Jean

Luciana looked at me, a smile on her face, but worry ever so present in her eyes.

She got up from the piano, and I took her hand and bowed.

Now for this section of the concert, it would be a mashup of Thriller and Billie Jean. Thus, my outfit. I was supposed to be representing Billie Jean and Luciana was supposed to be representing Thriller. She wore the red and black signature jacket, a black undershirt, red jeans and black combat boots.

Did I mention this was also the section where I got to talk to Michael Jackson?!

My nerves were through the roof. You got through the first duet just fine! You'll be fine! I reassured myself.

the clapping stopped, me and Luciana came back up. Now, for the act.

"On behalf of the Orchestra, we want to personally thank you, Michael Jackson, for coming." Luciana started, a big grin on her face. The kids cheered again, and I swore I saw him blush.

"And to prove our gratitude, we're gonna play one of your songs." I continued, forcing myself to look at him and not freak out.

He seemed to blush harder, his smile widening. Michael seemed to be interested in our act, wondering what song we were gonna play. He leaned into his hand and crossed his long legs, his eyes stared at us in amusement.

"Which is," I smiled at Luciana.

"Thriller!"
"Billie Jean!"
We said at the same time. It was rehearsed of course, we knew exactly what we were doing.

The kids took the bait though, laughing. Some nurses gasped, falling for it as well.

"What are you talking about? Billie Jean is obviously better," I mused, gesturing to my outfit.

Luciana rolled her eyes, scoffing. "You buck! As if. Thriller is the best song ever." She said, flipping her hair.

Luciana turned to the kids,  "Which one do you guys like? Thriller right?"

A series of "Of course!" And "Duh"'s rang out.

I rolled my eyes, theatrically. "No, Billie  Jean is! Right guys?" The same amount of noise filled the place.

Luciana turned to me. "There's only one way to solve this." She said. I nodded in agreement before turning to Michael.

"Mr. Jackson," I started, internally screaming. His hazel orbs landed on me in amusement and curiosity.

"Which one of your songs is better? Billie Jean, or thriller?" I asked, surprised my voice wasn't breaking.

Michael licked his lips again, making  me nearly die from arousal. This guy seriously had the sexiest lip lick.
"Gee, I dunno. . ." He trailed off. The kids yelled different answers at him, their eyes containing childish glee.

The thing was, me and Luciana were depending on his uncertainty.

"I like both of them! Can't you play both?" He mused, his soft voice sounding shy.

I looked at Luciana. "You heard the man. Let's play both."

Luciana gave me a small smirk before raising her Viola. "Ready when you are~"

I knew Michael was staring. I felt his brown orbs burn into my skull.

This was it.

All eyes on us.

I couldn't afford to screw this up. Upon taking a deep breath, I lifted my violin to my collarbone, raised my bow, and started playing.

I started, producing a high pitched melody with vibrato, then going into Billie Jean.

One of the people from the orchestra put a stereo like box to start the base beat.

Michael raised an eyebrow.

I started playing Billie Jean with only minor differences, and Luciana joined in.
Not a few seconds later, we switched to thriller. Michael's eyes widened in amusement and curiosity. The kids gasped and the nurses lowkey sang along.

Before you knew it, we were back to Billie Jean.

We finished the song with me playing a string of high pitched notes.

The place erupted in cheers and claps as me and Luciana bowed.

Finally. I did it. And I feel so damn proud about it.

I went back to the orchestra who was already starting to pack up. Mr. Yitz said his final thanks to Michael and the staff before telling us to load our instruments in the bus.

"I can't believe we're leaving already!" Luciana whined, putting her Viola away.

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being such a crybaby. You can stay, but you'll have to have your own ride." I informed her, a slight smile on my face. I ignored her whining and glanced over at the pop singer.

He was looking at me, too.

I quickly turned my eyes away, hoping he didn't see my gaze.

"Luciana, I'm going to the bathroom, watch my shit." I said quietly before slipping of to the ladies room.

< • >

Upon returning, I found my violin and its case in the hallway leading up to the cafeteria; consequently , Luciana was no where to be found.

"What the hell?" I murmured before walking up to my case.

Dear Shaunti,

The bus was here and I really didn't want to come get you. Ask around, mabye you can hitch a ride. If not, call me and I'll come get you.
XOXO,
Luciana <3

I looked at the letter in disbelief. Did this bitch really leave me?

"Are you fucking serious?!" I hissed, balling the paper up and throwing it at the wall.

"That's a bad word." An all too familiar voice said from behind me.

Me, being the nut I am, screamed in horror before turning around.

There he was, right before me. The king of Pop himself.

Michael Jackson.