Chapter 19: We can adapt

Beth's POV

I walked back to the table and saw Shino sitting there looking at the girl. She was dancing with his father, Shino was blushing and was smiling a bit.

I set the pictures down and walked away. I went threw the crowds of people then went behind the sitting area and went threw the woods.

I got to a pond and sat down. I came here sometimes to relax and work. The calm sounds of the pound and crickets calmed me down. "......I can't fix this, I'm hopeless..." I sang as I got up and walked to the middle of the water.

My dress and my feet never touching the water cause I was using chakra. I stood there as my eyes began to glow, but they didn't glow Silver.

They became ghoul eyes. They changed black with my eye color going red. I started to giggle softly. I think I'll let it consume me now...just give in. My dress turned black as well as everything white on me. Then my hair began to levitate and so did I.

I smiled and felt her in me. "Don't let it take over you. It will consume you and never let go. Your will must be stronger then it." I heard a raspy voice say.

I turned a little and saw Gaara. He was crossing his arms and looking up at me. I growled and faced him. "Don't tell her what to do...." Jade said.

He then looked annoyed, and sand started to flow around his body. I levitated down to the water and looked at him. "Don't be hasty Gaara ." I said giggling.

"Don't be stupid. She's just using you. But when she's done with whatever she wants, she will try and escape. Or she's already doing it since you changed like before." He said.

"Jades form is to strong for anyone to even see. And I haven't let her take her form since I was 5." I said. "That's what you are..? A manifestation of the ghoul inside you?" He asked.

"That's why I changed my vows!! You think Shino actually wanted to marry me!! I'm a demon, a monster, and a man eating cannibal even without Jade!!" I shouted. "Then don't act like a monster. Act like a person. Be what Shino would want you to be." He said.

"You want me to pretend to be the person Shino wants to marry..?" I said. "Yes be what he needs you to be.." he said. I felt tears stream down my cheeks but they were black.

I looked at the ground and growled. "I'm not gonna pretend to be someone I'm not!!" I shouted. My Kagune came out and was pointing at Gaara. It then grew longer and was right in front of him.

"Then show him what you are.." he said. I was shocked and started to cry more black tears. "I don't want to.....he will never be able to look at me.." I said. "Then do what you think is right. Just know that you should at least try." He said.

He then turned and walked away. I walked off the water and felt a pain in my heart. My Kagune went back in me and my eyes changed back. My dress and everything went white again. I then cleaned the black tears. I looked into the water and cleaned the makeup. I fixed it then walked back.

I was gonna go back to the table. But I saw the girl from before. She kissed Shino on the cheek and stood up. He waved but didn't smile. I went back in to the forest. "Shadow strangle jutsu: shadow walker." I said making hand signs.

My shadow changed forms and turned into a shadow creature. It had claws and looked up at me. "Kill..." I said.

It smiled and crawled away and went to the girl. It hid in the shadows and made its way to her. I walked out and saw Shino dancing with her.

I sat at the table and waited for her to just disappear. To just die..Don't get me wrong I know he will never love what I am. And I want him to be happy, but by my nature I'm jealous, crazy jealous, more like insanely jealous....

Shikamarus father once trusted me when we went on a mission. He honestly almost died but I was able to save him. In return he gave me something precious, his clans shadow jutsu. I'm grateful, I even unlocked difficult skills like Shadow Walker.

Anyway the song stopped and they let go. Shino was taken to the side by Gaara. I hope he doesn't say anything risky, like me threatening him. The girl waved and walked to the side. She walked to the exit of the party.

The shadow followed her. I looked threw the shadows eyes and saw it attack, knock her out, and dragging her body. She took her out of the village and slashed her wrists. She then took her to a lake and dragged her in.

Then I had an idea, I reverse summoned her almost dead body somewhere special. My shadow came back and I looked at the ground. She waved and turned back into a normal shadow.

I smiled and I remember reading in the contract that either one of us can have a side relationship. But only if the other is fine with it. And Im not fine with shit. Guess he took that literally. I looked threw the photos and smiled.

Then I heard someone, and when I looked up I saw Kiba. "Hey wanna dance? There's really nothing to do." He said. I smiled and stood up. We got to the dance floor and started.

"So, I wanna ask you something. Do you love Shino?" He asked. We kept dancing and I thought for a while. "I don't understand. I think he's nice. If that's what you mean." I said.

"No. Like do you care for him?" He asked chuckling. "I was tortured and stripped of my emotion to care for nothing not even a human being. But lately I've been feeling weird around Shino. If that's what you are talking about." I said.

"Yes exactly. But Shino was telling us you and him are allowed to have side relationships." He said. "I know. But I don't talk to other people. I'm surprised the girls even said yes to being my brides maids. I don't talk to other boys because they are all the same." I said looking to the side a little.

"Well we have Naruto, And Gaara. We except them and we will except you. Plus people in this village are anything but normal." He said.

I looked up at him and thought for a second. "Gaara and Naruto......They can be normal. But I was born like this." I said. "We can adapt." He said smiling wide.

"he song ended and we went our ways. 'We can adapt.' His words repeated over in my head...I brushed off the thought and sat down looking around. I saw Shino looking around for someone.

I couldn't help but smile. I was then approached by an ANBU. He set a tray down with a wine glass with a red liquid. It was blood. I smiled and took it. He then set another tray down with bit size meat with toothpicks in them. It was human meat. He left the tray and the blood. I was eating and there was 3 left. The blood was half gone and it was so sweet.

Then Kiba ran to me. "I smell blood, are you ok!!" He shouted. Then he looked down.. "I need to get used to that." He said chuckling, walked off and left.

'Great....' I ate another one and drank some more blood. I finished eating and the ANBU came and took the wine glass and the trays. He then left.

I cleaned my mouth and looked at the pictures. Then someone sat next to me. I kept looking at the pictures even though I knew it was Shino and he was staring.

The ANBU came and set a wine cup with more blood. I took it and thanked him. I then drank some and after that I set it down and kept looking at the photos. "It's time for a toast! For the newlyweds!!" Ino shouted.

Everyone had a sake cup up except me and Shino. I smiled and drank. I set the glass down and stood up. I walked behind the area and threw the woods and got to the pound.

I then looked at my shadow and it moved, turned into the shadow creature, and told me that the job was done and the other victim is in check. Kabuto. "Thank you." I whispered. It then turned back into my shadow. Smiling I took a deep breath and watched the leaves.