Chapter Seven

~~~This story is entered into the Majestic Awards~~~  You can enter it too!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven

Emory's POV

I grimaced at the explosion of pain I felt deep in my soul as I watched him writhe in discomfort.   I knew if it was this painful for me then he was undergoing nothing short of agony.  No one could tell us how long he would have to endure the effects of breaking a long term spell especially one that obscured his entire existence.   Not only physically would he suffer but mentally and emotionally as well.  I wish I could take all of it away from him but I understood I could not. 

The hardest part other than watching your soul mate undergo something like this was the possible rejection when he learned the truth.   Would he reject me, his family, his legacy?  Those were the real issues that I knew we were going to have to overcome as soon as he woke up and the truth was dropped on him like a bomb.    Aggie told me that he might not even survive the transition because it had been so long and that his only hope was that he was a born vampire from a strong line of royalty.    I seriously hoped she was right because I was done with all of the drama and heartache I had gone through just getting him here and I knew that if I lost him for real that I would follow shortly behind him.

The thought saddened me and I watched as he tried so hard to wrench free from Aggie's hold as the look of confusion and intense discomfort was painfully etched on his beautiful face.  As I looked at him I could see how his emotions flitted across his facial features showing that panic was beginning to set in and that scared me. He was too strong to panic and if he was in fact losing his ability to deal with this he would never make it through the next step.

Sighing loudly I shuddered as I felt his emotions slam into me through the weakened mate bond. I wanted to reach out to touch him but I remembered what Aggie told me, that any deviation from her spell could end it all and my touch was a huge deviation. I closed my eyes, concentrating on him and tried to channel some calmness to reassure him. As the chaos that swirled inside of him ambushed my senses I sunk further into the couch trying to silently help him through this. While I sat there and watched Aggie work her magic I thought about the past couple of years more specifically the last couple of months. There was only one person that could be blamed for this and it always came back to him, Ian Reid.

Ethan's uncle Ian was always the one person that was never happy unless he was surrounded by trouble and it ultimately brought to the sudden and dire relocation of the entire Reid family. Just thinking about this made me so infuriated with what that entire family had to endure, the majority not even realizing what he had done. Scrunching up my face in anger I realized that after tonight each one of them would know just how deep the betrayal of their beloved brother, uncle and father ran. I would like to think that Ian had started preparing them but as selfish as he was I had serious doubts that he would. I closed my eyes letting my thoughts replay the last couple of years almost reliving all of it but especially the day I found out about Ethan.

The day I turned eighteen I knew that something was missing in my soul and with each question to my family I was met more and more resistance. Every single time I inquired about finding my mate my father and brother would avoid the topic. I found myself becoming lost in misery and depression. Lost in a world of royalty fast became an existence that I found myself not wanting to be in. My brother, the crowned prince of the Irish vampires was always close with me but it was quite clear that even he was hiding things from me. Although he was ten years my senior that never seemed to interfere with our relationship that I thought never held secrets. I suppose the real trouble began once he found his mate and I became hell bent on finding mine. Or maybe it was the small little fact that he stepped in to watch over the Scottish realm for King Reid, which was labeled for safety reasons.