Chapter Fourteen

So I had originally planned on adding several chapters but my computer decided it needed to do an update and that crashed my computer for a day. Brand new computer problems. But I am going to go ahead and get Chapter 14 up and then Chapter 15 will be up hopefully by Thursday and then maybe Chapter 16 by the weekend. My plan is to get a chapter a week up after that until its finished. I do want to apologize to everyone that has been patiently hanging in there with me. I wanted to have this completed by December but life happens and it just did not happen. So I moving forward because I have another one that I want to start working on once this one is completed and of course I have to redo and finish Freya. Forward progress from here on out. Love yall to pieces!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

As I looked around the room I watched them sit back deeper in their seats and stare at me.  Shock registered on my parents faces as they looked at me as if they did not know who I was.  I was never so sure of who I was and what I wanted as I was right now.  There was a protective feeling that ran through every fiber of my body that overwhelmed my senses with a need to keep my loved ones safe.  There was a humming that ran through my veins and radiated power from my body and as I looked to each person surrounding me I could see they were seeing it too.  So many emotions and feelings swirled in my mind and body and I felt overwhelmed with the little bit of information that I had but one thing was for sure Ian was a traitor and I wanted him dead for everything he had done.

Taking a deep breath, I looked over to where my mother sat, meeting her eyes I saw the silent plea and a tear trickle down her cheek.  Part of me wanted to reach out to her but I couldn't rationalize why she would want to protect Ian over me.  Closing my eyes to calm myself I tried to think about not killing Ian but his face just kept surfacing before my eyes. 

I felt her soft words wash over me before I felt her hand grasp mine.  Looking up into her gray eyes I knew that she was the one person that could ground me during this transition. 

"Ethan" she said softly, "I am all for killing him when the time is right but right now we need the entire story.  They owe you the facts".

"Yes, the facts" I said quietly.

Turning towards my parents I met their gaze as we stared at each other for what felt like minutes.  So much emotion in that short visual exchange I was finding it hard to feel much in sympathy towards them.  Maybe it was because I was so very angry at what I did know but I needed to put that aside to try to understand their side.   Looking at them there was one thing that was evident; pain, devastation and sorrow surrounded them completely.   As much as I wanted to reach out to them and comfort them I couldn't right this minute.  They were part of the problems we were facing and I needed answers as to why they ran from their kingdom with me and my entire family.  I wanted to know why they hid our existence and our heritage and betrayed us all.  Reaching down with my hand I grabbed onto Emory's hand and held it tight.  The truth was she calmed me and right now anger and violence was not the going to bring me any closer to the truth I was seeking.

Turning my attention back to my mother I could see the internal struggle she was fighting.  I could only imagine the turmoil in her soul as she carefully mulled every word she would say to me in her brain.  I wanted the truth but looking deeply at her I could see she was wrestling with how or what she would tell me.

"Is it that hard to tell me the truth mother" I asked her.

Swallowing harshly, she opened her mouth like she was gasping for air after being under water then abruptly clamping her lips together with a look of shock written all over face.