o n e

$ o n e $ 

For the whole month of June, the girls of St. Mary's Academy would be on their trip to South Korea. It was a graduation present from their parents, and they would be returning just in time for their graduation ceremony at the end of the semester. They had chosen South Korea, a location far away from the places they had already visited. They were rich girls, of prominent families in Colombia, and had seen most of the western hemisphere. Their newest challenge was to see part of Asia in a place they had never visited before.

The Catholic school girls arrived at the beginning of June, arriving first in Busan, and staying there for a week, enjoying the beach until it was time to move to their next destination. Seoul was their second stop, where they would be staying for two weeks since they had more to do there. On their first night, they had gone down to the docks where a boat was about to leave the harbor. 

There was loud music playing and people on the boat were having a good time. Gemma had been invited by her friend and fellow classmate Kata. "It'll be fun." Her friend insisted with an excited grin. She had met some local boys earlier that day who had given her the invitation for the party. "The boat comes back at midnight and we'll be back at the hotel before Sister Carmen even notices we left."

Gemma heaved a sigh. She really didn't think going on that boat was a good idea, but she wanted to go with her friends in order to keep them company and prevent them from doing anything they would later regret. She then thought how the saying was absolutely correct--Catholic school girls did get crazy at parties. She knew if from experience, seeing her friends getting drunk off their asses and kissing boys left and right. Gemma was known to drink as well, but not enough to embarrass herself. 

They ended up arriving at the docks as the sun was going down, and Kata showed the man at the entrance of the boat an invitation that she had gotten from the local boys. Following Gemma's suggestion that there was strength in numbers in the case that something should happen to one of them, they invited two more of their classmates and friends--Mila and Viri

The man at the entrance let them in and within minutes he entered the boat, closing the door behind him. The boat took off from the harbor and into the Han River within minutes. 

Gemma tried to keep her group together, being the responsible one out of the four, but the three other girls soon got away from her. She was left alone by the entrance, looking out into the night and the lights she could see from the city. She couldn't see much else other than the dark waters below. A few boys tried to make conversation with her, some even offering her a drink, but she turned them all down, informing them that she was the designated driver of her group. She wasn't really going to drive back to the hotel, but one of them needed to be sober to get them all back.

Most boys who approached her tried to chat her up, but she was uninterested. She then decided to move to a different part of the boat, upstairs where there was less people and she could see more of the city lights. 

The music blared from all sides and people were grinding on each other on the first floor, dancing together. She spotted one of her friends already drunk, dancing with a guy who was getting a bit too touchy with her. Viri was too drunk to notice. Gemma rolled her eyes and decided to go to her rescue, leaving the safety of the second floor of the boat.

When she approached them, she yelled over the high volume of the music. "Hey, don't you think you're touching her too much?" She asked, becoming annoyed with him.

He stopped what he was doing and shot her a look. "What do you care?" 

"I care because she's my friend and we came here to have a good time, not to be felt up." Gemma replied with the same level of hostility that he was showing her.

"Fuck off, and mind your own business." Taking her by surprised, he brought his hand back and shoved her to the side, doing away with her balance. Gemma stumbled back and before she could even attempt to catch herself, she fell over board into the freezing waters of the river below. Viri watched with widened eyes, leaning over the edge of the boat and calling her name.

"Gemma! Gemma, where are you?" She called in Spanish, her voice in a panic.

Gemma waved her hands over her head, but the boat was already a good few feet away. She knew her friend wouldn't be able to see her in the darkness, in the state she was in. And the blaring music was preventing her from hearing her cries for help.

-

The younger pack had gone out to the docks, using the one that belonged to the Wolves. When they decided to separate from Junmyeon's pack, they had done so peacefully, sitting down to discuss things with them and letting them know that it was really nothing personal. All they wanted was to form a Pack of their own. Junmyeon had been very understanding and assured them that they could be allies if they wanted to. He also informed them that they were allowed to use his docks and his land whenever they wanted.

Their shipment was coming in late that night from Mexico and all of them were there to make sure they could safeguard the merchandise. Two of the--Taeyong and Ten--were on their boat, keeping an eye out for the shipment, while the other four were on the docks. 

Ten grabbed a pair of binoculars from nearby when he heard splashing, thinking it might be a dolphin or a shark. He was surprised when he saw a girl waving her hands and calling for help. Several feet away from her was another boat and he figured that she had fallen overboard. But no one was trying to save her, which meant that it was probable that no one had seen her fall.

"Alpha." Ten nudged Taeyong, handing him the binoculars so that he could see what was happening. As Taeyong took the binoculars from him, Ten explained, "There's a girl in the water. What should we do?"

"We're not lifeguards, Ten." The leader responded.

"But we're also not the type to let someone die." The assassin pointed out. He had known a lot of suffering in his life before he joined the pack, and he didn't want to inflict it on other people unless it was absolutely necessary. If he had the chance to save a life, he had promised himself he would try to do it. 

Taeyong had been easily convinced by his assassin. Junmyeon and the pack had taught the younger boys that even though they were part of a gang, it didn't mean they were bad people. "Alright, lets get closer and we'll toss her a life preserver."

Ten nodded his head and went up to the cock pit area of the boat, driving it closer to the drowning girl. Taeyong went over to the side and unhooked a circle shaped life preserver with a rope attached. He pulled his arm back and launched it in her direction with all his strength. "Hey! You, drowning girl! Grab onto it!" He called to the girl, pointing to the floating device in the water. But she was foreign and couldn't understand him. What made matters more difficult was that she was so scared that she couldn't even piece together that they were trying to save her.

Taeyong rolled his eyes, knowing things were about to be made more difficult.

He pulled the life preserver back into the boat and then tied the rope to something sturdy. With the preserver under his arm, he took a dive into the freezing waters below.

-

first little update for this story. its a lot of exposition stuff, and its not really explained in detail how it happened, them separating from the pack. but it will be explained in more detail later. for right now this is the first update, and i'll try to update this one at the same time as "roulette" and "lucky". 

thank you all so much for supporting me and my stories. it means the entire world to me. 

i hope you're all having a nice week.

-clary