f o u r

$ f o u r $

Gemma had been taken to a beautiful house in the upscale neighborhood of Seoul. She was in awe that boys her age were able to afford such a place, but then she remembered how they had informed her that their older brothers had purchased the house for them as a present. She was drained from having almost drowned in the river, and one of the boys led her upstairs to one of the bedrooms. He had introduced herself to her as Mark, and he appeared to be the youngest of them.

He also seemed to speak perfect English, while the others could barely communicate with her properly.

"This is where you'll be sleeping." He told her with a friendly smile as he opened the door for her. It was one of their empty rooms in the house, but it was well furnished. It was a room that they used whenever they had guests over. The older pack were the ones who mostly visited them.

She nodded her head thankfully.

"If you need anything just call for me." He informed her.

Without anything further, he turned and left the room to give her some privacy. Gemma quickly went to lock the door and thought to change out of her wet clothes before anything else. But she didn't have any dry clothes of her own to wear, only the jean jacket that belonged to Taeyong. She went to the closet in the room to find it absolutely empty--it wasn't like they could expect they'd be having female company any time soon, and it was a house full of boys. 

She went to the dresser next and opened the drawers to find them empty as well. Knowing that she had nothing to wear, she went into the bathroom and locked the door. She stripped out of her wet clothes and tossed it aside into a laundry hamper near the door. With her wet undergarments on, all she had was the jacket and she slipped into it, pulling the zipper up. She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn't help but think that she looked like a wet cat, and she immediately felt subconscious, raking a hand through her long hair. But she thought that would have to do. In the morning her own clothes would probably be dry and she could wear them again.

Gemma had just gotten out of the bathroom when there was a knock on her door. 

"Its Mark." He called from outside. "I brought you something warm to change into."

She sighed with relief and went to open the door. "Merci, Mark." She said as she opened the door to greet him with a smile.

He was taken aback by the fact that she spoke a language other than English. "You speak French?" Even she had been surprised and she didn't know where that came from, but it came out so fluently that she knew she could speak it well.

Gemma gave a shrug of her shoulders. "I suppose I do."

At the moment she couldn't remember anything about her life, and she didn't know which languages she spoke either. So far, she was realizing that she spoke English, French, and maybe Spanish, since there was a song in Spanish that was circling in her mind for the past hour. But she couldn't understand Korean, since whenever the boys spoke it to each other, it sounded like an alien language.

"That's really cool." He commented about her language abilities, and then added with a smile. "I had friends back in Canada who spoke French too, so I can understand a bit. But I can't speak it." He handed her a stack of neatly folded clothes and then scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Goodnight then. I hope you're comfortable here. Those clothes belong to our leader Taeyong. He doesn't normally like to share his clothes, so you're the first." He had informed her as he gestured to the clothes now in her hands.

She found herself smiling at that. "Tell him I'm grateful."

-

As soon as the Sisters realized that one girl was missing in their group, the called for the help of the authorities. The police came in to question her friends, asking them to tell anything they knew of her disappearance. None of the girls would talk, and they claimed that they had all gone to sleep that night after dinner. For the moment, the authorities were satisfied with their answers, thinking that the girls wouldn't lie and put their friend's life in danger. Kata was the most hesitant to keep quiet, since Gemma was her best friend. But Mila had convinced her to stay quiet.

When her school found out about the incident, they called her family immediately. But they were greeted by a maid at their house who had informed them that her parents were away on vacation for the next month. There was no way to contact them, but that they would try their best to do so. They would be coming back around the time that their daughter would, for her graduation.

The girls of St. Mary's Academy would spend the next two weeks of their vacation time in Seoul, waiting for their friend to appear.

"We can't tell anyone." Mila would remind them.

-

It was past midnight when the boys were in the living room area of the house. Whenever they had free time, they liked to spend their time like regular boys their age, and one of their favorite things to do was to play video games. The six of them would sit together in the living room with bowls upon bowls of snacks, having online tournaments with the members of the older pack. Sometimes the Jackals would join in, but it was rare when it happened.

That night it was Chanyeol and Baekhyun against Taeyong and Ten. The older boys were playing from their home, the house in the middle of the woods, which Kyungsoo had suggested. Junmyeon also thought that it was a good house. Big enough for their family, and it helped keep them all together.

As the leader sat there with the controller in hand, Mark began to make casual conversation about the newest person in their house. "What do you boys think of that girl Seonjang saved from the river tonight? She's cute, right?" He wiggled his eyebrows at them. The maknae added teasingly. "I saw the way Ten hyung was spilling drool over her, tripping over himself to help her."

Mark and the others had taken to calling Taeyong seonjang most of the time, mostly whenever they were with the older pack, since calling him alpha got a bit confusing. Even when they were alone, the youngest member still called him that. It was the Korean word for leader or captain

"I was not." Ten protested.

"She's alright." Taeyong commented, his words unreadable.

The other boys stopped in their banter to look at him. Mark was the only one who spoke. "If you like her seonjang, you should tell us now so we won't catch any feelings."

But there was a shrug of a response coming from their leader. "I don't think so. Right now I want to be more focused on getting ourselves to the top. I want us to be one of the most successful gangs in Korea, just like our older brothers."

-

taeyong could have put an end to this before it started, but he decided to suppress his true feelings and that's going to bring trouble for everyone later on. so i was going to make it so that all of them would like her. but in terms of her liking them back, i don't exactly know how to proceed. so im just gonna go with it.

i'll find out as i continue to write the story.

thank you all so much for reading and supporting my stories. it means so much to me, and i'm going to try to post another update for "roulette" tonight. 

so stay tuned for that!

-clary