Dancing with a Wolf

Phillip

The rain pours down onto my already soaking wet clothes and damp hair. "Goddammit terrible weather!" I scream into the air, oblivious to the glowing eyes following my every move. I sit on a relatively dry piece of log, gritting my teeth together as another strong gust of wind shakes the forest trees. I lay down, my hoodie the only thing keeping me warm. I hear a twig snap behind me, immediately making me jolt upwards a bit too fast, my head pounding slightly. I stand, my legs trying to keep balance from the wind. Scanning the area, I see nothing, until I catch sudden movement a few feet away from the log I was recently just laying down on. My hands go into my pockets furiously, muttering curse words as I find nothing to protect myself. I find a rather sharp stick and make a quick movement to grab it, pulling it close and pointing it in the direction of the rustling. 

The rustling stops, and silence takes over. My breathing is ragged and in short pants, my heart pumping frantically in my chest. I manage to calm myself down, 'It's just your imagination, Phil.. you are just imagining it..', the words repeating over and over. A soft groan followed by a quiet whine is heard through the silence, my head snapping in the direction of the noise. I take quick silent steps, knowing fully well that whatever or whoever is there could easily kill me. I move a few straw branches, avoiding twigs and bushes to avoid making a sound. I finally get a somewhat clear view of whoever, or should I say whatever it is. My eyes widen at the sight. A lump of white fur, coated in dried blood, the animal shaking from the cold, small noises coming from its mouth.

A wolf.

The wolf keeps its head rested on the ground, obviously trying to heal itself from the damage it has taken. From my angle, I could see the wolf was a female. My hands shake, I had three choices, either leave her to die, try to help her, or let her possibly kill me. I decide to get closer to try and see the damage. Me being the stupid, clumsy flamingo I am, steps on a twig, immediately gaining the attention of the wolf. Her head snaps up, and I gasp at the sight. Beautiful blue orbs stare straight at me, the pupils narrowed and scanning my body, deciding whether or not I was a threat. I'm mesmerised by the crystals making intense eye contact with me. I put my hands up, showing I was not a threat, and that seemed to make the wolf's muscles un-tense slightly. 

"It's okay... I'm here to help, in any way I can.." I speak soothingly to the wolf, unsure that it is able to understand me. It seems to, surprisingly, and makes a nod motion with its head. My facial expression goes from unsure to shock in a matter of seconds. Did it just nod its head at me?! 

Lauren

I watch the human come closer, giving him a wolfish grin at his reaction, adding, even more, confusion onto his face. I mentally chuckle in my mind, amused by the human's lack of knowledge of supernaturals. I stand slowly, my legs wobbling slightly from my recent encounter with my old pack, who beat me to the point to death. I slowly walk closer to him, keeping my head low to the ground to show I mean no harm, and sit in front of him. He hesitantly puts his hand out to touch my fur, to which I tilt my head to give him permission to do so. 

The next hour flies by rather quickly. The human, who I learned his name was Phillip, tore bits off his hoodie fabric to wrap around my wounds to stop the bleeding. He still doesn't know about me yet, I must know if I can actually trust him. So far, I've taken a liking to him.

The next day...

Phillip came to visit me again, this time, he brought some bacon with him for food. I could smell the meat the moment he stepped into the forest, and my tail started swaying from side to side without my consent, and let out a quiet growl. My ears prick up at the sound of footsteps, happiness spreading through my body as I watch him emerge from the branches. He grins at me, showing me his smile, and I swear I could've melted into a puddle. "Hey, I'm back with some food," he spoke with a smile, putting a piece of bacon in front of me, chuckling as he watched me devour the piece. he started throwing it up in the air, me catching it in my mouth. 

After my food, and me listening to Phill talk some more, I decided now would be a good time to tell him what I am. What can go wrong? Well, he could accept me with open arms, or run away in disgust or fear. I really do not hope it's the latter. I stand abruptly from my laying position next to him, and run behind a tree, feeling his confused gaze on my back.

Phillip

I stare, confused at the wolf, watching her run behind a tree. I hear bones cracking and immediately stand up, concern and worry taking over my features. "What's happening?! are you oka-" I'm cut off when my breath catches in my throat when I see a head poke out from behind the tree. I'm staring into the same blue orbs the wolf had, and instantly I have fallen for this girl, there is no denying it. "W-What..?" I ask in disbelief. Just two seconds ago, I was seeing a wolf, and now I'm stood staring at the beauty in front of me. "H-hey.." She croaks out, obviously having trouble with her voice from not using it for a while. 

"What-wait.. h-how..?" I question, confusion and disbelief obviously taking over my expressions. She smiles softly, something that would have me turned into a puddle of goo if I wasn't so confused. "I'm a werewolf..."

"Wow," I said 

"He's surprisingly calm," she mumbles the last words to herself, ranting off about her bluntness. A smile broke out onto my face at her rambling, a quiet chuckle leaving my lips, which quickly catches her attention and cuts off her rambling. A light blush tints her cheeks, causing me to 'aww' out loud. 

"So, what's your name?" I finally ask her, watching her smile slightly.

"Lauren," she answers softly. I grin, putting an arm around her slowly, watching blood rush to her cheeks. A nickname pops into my mind, making me smirk slightly.

"It's nice to finally meet you, bright eyes.."

- N ♥︎