8 | Dolly Is Left Alone

The room erupted with applause, but that did nothing to drown out the tears and the joy coming from the revived girl's parents, who hugged her close.

Little Dolly let out a shaky breath, and she held onto Undertaker's arm with an iron-tight grip; creases could be seen where her fingers connected with his clothes. Undertaker chuckled and rested a slender hand over her own, reassuring her that all will be well.

Uncharacteristically, he smiled gently at her and after a while, her grip loosened by a bit, she also seemed to have relaxed a little. Yet, it did nothing to stop the swirl of emotions that invaded her insides; she felt queasy. Everything about what they were witnessing brought back so many unpleasant memories, and she didn't like it in the slightest.

As the parents hugged the not-so-dead girl, they failed to notice her mouth opening wider than humanly possible, and her head lowering, as she bit into her mother's neck. The mother could only cry out, "Maggy! What are... Ow!!" And with that, her last breath escaped her body. The girl, coated in blood, climbed over her mother's dead body and made for the frightened crowd.

Getting over their initial shock, screams rang out and people bolted for the doors in a panicked state. Two sharp objects then cut across the room and embedded themselves in the revived girl's body.

A shaken (y/n) looked on as the Butler and his Master fought the not-so-dead girl. Undertaker regarded the state that (y/n) was in and took her hand, then led her from the room.

He acquired an abandoned cabin and sat her on the bed. He knelt before her and grasped her hands. In the most soothing voice plausible he asked, "what's wrong my little dolly?"

She waited for her shaking to calm down a little before answering him, "w-what if I become like that someday?" Tears rolled down her pale cheeks. "I'm like them, aren't I? I was once a doll brought back to life. What if I turn into... Into a monster?!"

These thoughts were ones that anyone in her position would expect. It was true she had once been a doll. And perhaps some things that made her such were still present within her, but she was still slowly becoming a human once again.

Even if she were close to being what she once was before she was made into a doll, it was also correct that she might become like the murderous doll that had just appeared in the ballroom. Although there was a slim chance of that happening, her fears were still reasonable.

Undertaker sat on the bed beside her and snake an arm over her shoulder, bringing her closer to him. He lifted her chin and peered into her (e/c) eyes. "You won't become like that. I'll make sure of it!" He once again smiled gently at her, and then he let go of her chin and stood up.

He made for the door, but the girl stopped him in his tracks when she appealed to him where he was going, and if he was abandoning her here. Turning back with a sinister grin painting his lips and his hat covering his eyes, he then replied, "be a good little dolly and stay here for me. There are some things I have to take care of outside."

He briskly walked back to the bewildered girl, still sat on the bed, and brushed his lips across her cheek. "I'll be back, darling."