one

His palms were sweaty, and his right leg shook as he sat confined in his seat on the airplane. He was coming home, finally, after spending 4 years over in the Middle East. He was anticipating the looks on the faces of his closets friends and family as they would see him come down the elevator.

"Is there anything else you would like, Mr. Marine?" The young flight attend said. He smiled at her greeting, and politely denied her offer.

"Folks, we will be landing shortly. A reminder to please take all personal belongings with you. I hope you had a great flight, ... and Mr. Marine, welcome home."

Cheers erupted from a few passengers around him and he thanked them. He definitely felt honored. The plane hit a little turbulence closer to the landing, but it was able to be docked safely.

One by one, passengers exited the plane. He stood up from his seat and placed his hat firmly on his head. He ran his hands down his uniform, smoothing out any little wrinkles that appeared. After taking a deep breath, he exited the plane. Looking up, he noticed the American flag. Her red, white, and blue colors stood out boldly and he smiled slightly and nodded to the veterans that welcomed him home

"There he is!!! Shawn!!"

He followed the voice, and turned to see his family and friends with faces filled with joy. Each step he took to them felt like a million. His slacks sounded against the airport floors, but it was soon that he felt a little body crash into his.

"Shawnnnyy you're home!!!" The little girl said in her big brother's hold. He picked her up and smiled widely. He then gave her face millions of kisses, before wrapping her tightly in a hug

"I missed you little bit!"

"I missed you!" Riley was only 8, and she had been anticipating this moment forever. After placing her down, he hugged his mother, Gloria, who's face was stained by the tears she shed. 4 years of worrying was now over; her boy was home.

Next, was his father, Adnis. He never was one to show emotion, but to know his boy was home make him shed a few tears. After the hugs, and 'welcome homes', the family headed home, happy that their Marine was alive.

***

She lived in the heart of Manhattan, a true New Yorker one could say. Her sassy, confident, and independent attitude was one to admire. As for the men she attracted daily, none of them could stand a chance. Her standards for the perfect man were high and her intuition told her that one day, this man would come. But for now, she was happy living the single life, having a few dates here and there, but never nothing serious.

Her gold iPhone 6s vibrated in her plush white covers and she groaned into her pillow. She let the phone ring and did not answer in hopes the person would get the memo. They didn't, and her phone rung again.

"What, Nicole" she said harshly into the phone as she placed it on speaker

"See, I knew I shouldn't have called at this time, but I just had to to make sure you didn't have any plans for tonight!"

"You called me, to ask if I had plans tonight?" Beyoncé asked, her face scrunched up in disbelief

"Yesssss"

"And you couldn't wait until a respectable time!?"

"Beyoncé it is 9am! Wake up!"

"I'll make sure to murder you tonight," Beyoncé wasn't at her friendliness in the morning, but what Nicole wanted to ask her was by all means important.  "What is it Nicole?" she continued

"Remember that guy I was telling you about?"

Agitated, Beyoncé rolled her eyes "Nicole, you tell me about so many guys!"