seventeen

6 months later

Waking up due to the bright light showing through the curtains, Beyoncé slowly maneuvered her body on the King Size bed that felt a bit smaller with the added body mass of her loving husband and even lovelier baby girl. She sighed in delight watching the sleep and snore lightly, just the same. It killed her to not scoop Sienna up and give her a great amount of kisses since today was her first birthday, so she instead got up quietly and headed to the bathroom to prepare for the amazing day ahead.

Once she was finished with the essentials,
Sienna started to become fussy. Beyoncé stopped her strides back to the room when she noticed Shawn cuddle her closer and rock her back to sleep. Over these great six months, Shawn was proving to be the amazing man and husband he once was before tragedy struck. He kept at it with therapy, and even Beyoncé had started to go regularly and complete couple sessions with her man in order to strengthen their marriage, regardless if his memory would be forever impaired. There love grew deep every second and it seemed that the once cold wall Beyoncé has placed between them was tumbling down; they spent more time together, went on meaningful dates every chance they got, and even spiced up their sex life which made her very satisfied.

"Baby, you can give her to me if you want more sleep." Beyoncé offered when she made it back to the room. Shawn quickly shook his head no and began to softly rub his daughter's back. Aside from Bey, Shawn knew that Sienna was the greatest blessing of all. He felt that being a father had aided to him regaining some of his memory and with this knowledge he chose to make better ones by teaching Sienna how to walk, talk, and increasingly become more independent as she approached her toddler years. Remembering her birth and also remembering how drastic his life changed just a week later made him feel grateful to be at this point; happily in love and more confident in himself that he could travel through life no longer in fear. Yes, he still needed the use of antidepressants to help him cope just a tad, but Maria was in process of working with him to help him taper off and be done with the medication.

When he felt a decrease in movement, he gently transferred Sienna to the middle of the bed and stood up to handle his business in the bathroom as well.

"What time are the decorators coming?" He asked his wife.

"Soon, they just sent a text that they're getting close." Beyoncé responded. She got dress in pair of simple, black yoga pants and threw one one of Shawn's hoodies before giving him a quick kiss. When she made it downstairs, she sighed in frustration. The plethora of baby furniture and toys took up her already small space and she reminded herself to bring up the idea of moving to Shawn later on today; of course it pained her to sell her beloved place, but her family was growing and therefore needed a larger space.

She began to place the items in their correct bins and tidied up the living area before moving to the dining room where the decorators would set up for the party. A loud knock on the door stopped her current activity and she quickly walked to the door and let the guest in.

"You made it!" She squealed in excitement after the team greeted her. She led them to the dining area and gave them the space to utilize their creative talent. Before heading to the kitchen to cook a small breakfast, Shawn and her baby girl were coming down the steps. Sienna immediately reached for her mother and Beyoncé accepted her gladly before kissing her chubby cheeks. Sienna refused to let her mother go as she tried to make breakfast, so Beyoncé simply propped her on her hip and made the meal. When she was finished, Shawn made their plates while Beyoncé got her baby girl situated in her high chair.

"Oo Foo!" Sienna cooed to the best of her ability. She made her parents laugh and gave a smile when she spotted her pink plate filled with various small portions of bacon, eggs, strawberries, and bananas.