seven

2 Weeks Later

For the third time today, Beyoncé propped Sienna on her nursing pillow and placed her right breast into her mouth. "Alright, alright.." she mumbled to her daughter whose whimpers settled once she began to eat. For the most part, Beyoncé's adjustment to motherhood was an easy one. Her mother was staying with her as an extra hand, and almost everyday, Nicole and Nia stopped by to keep Beyoncé in happy spirits; her heart felt so empty since Shawn's departure.

"Is she awake?" Nicole questioned as she walked down the steps after her nap

"Somewhat. She's nodding off which I'll appreciate.. I can get a nap in."

"No worries, I'll watch her." suggested Nicole. Beyoncé thanked her and unlatched Sienna, who was now fast asleep. After making sure she made an efficient burp, she handed her off to her godmother and went right to bed. 

When she woke up just an hour later, she glanced at her phone to see the notification of a missed FaceTime call from Shawn. Immediately, she sat up in bed and called him back.

"You look so gorgeous," Shawn praised once he saw his wife's face

"Stop," she giggled, "I just woke up so .. I look a bit crusty."

"Please!"

"You look good though, baby.." Beyoncé said flirtatiously as she eyed her man simply dressed in a green fitted top the hugged his muscles in all the right places. "Makes me miss you even more."

Shawn laughed lightly, "I miss you too, where's my baby?"

Beyoncé sighed and shook her head, "Can't even speak to me first, just want Sienna that's all." she said jokingly before placing the phone down on her bed so she could get dressed in his long t-shirt. The two traveled downstairs and it seem that Sienna could sense her mother's presence as she began to cry in Nicole's arms. Beyoncé grabbed her and cradled her before showing her to Shawn.

"Hey baby girl!" He cooed as Sienna looked at the phone in fascination. "Daddy misses you, I can't wait to hug you and kiss you and love you .. all that!" Unfortunately, Sienna began to cry and buried her face into her mother's breast to signal what she really wanted.

"Always hungry, huh?" questioned Shawn

"Always. I swear she eats like dinosaur."

"But she's getting so big! Wait till she gets older, she'll look just like you. Then I'll have to hurt some boys." They laughed but became shaken with fear when a sudden and loud alarm went off.

Beyonce's eyes widened "Shawn, what's that?"

He looked around frantically before responding, "Shit!"

"Shawn!" Beyoncé cried

"I gotta go-"

"Why!?!" she cut him off