New born? Maybe.

Everything was blurry.
All I  remembered was those noises and people running away but , now all I can see around me was thing thick dancing flames which I instinctively knew I should stay away from.

Right next to me was piece of glasses from the strange box I came out from and I was covered with a weird purple and sticky liquid.
Without knowing where I was exactly going I tried to walk around and the next thing I saw was a woman, with a white coat , watching me cautiously and with a shocked expression.
In fact, in the room I was everybody was wearing the same coat and I think the fact that I was not wearing anything made look at me the way they did.

“Here, wear this  my dear” the woman told me. “ What are you doing in this side on the institute at that time and in this condition?”. Institute. What did she meant?
At that point of my life I was not understanding anything about what was going on. I was scared.

“ Annabelle” another woman called but then continued in a slow voice,
“ what if she is a survivor of the explosion”.
I got a bizarre feeling and observing their facial I instinctively knew I should not let anyone know the truth. At least not before knowing what was happening but partly also because while I was in this previous place, I got a paper with something written  ;
<< NO ONE SHOULD KNOW WHERE YOU COME FROM. TRUST ONLY JAMES. >>

“ I was just walking around and I got lost” was my answer.
“But you are nude. Did anything happened to you?” the lady was pretty concerned by I thought it is best for me not to give details so I walked away.

“Are you new here”

“yes I am”. And then the lady offered to accompany me .

"so, this is the place you will be staying” the lady told me as we entred a room, dusty and unwelcomed. The chamber was filled with beds and the walls were of a grey colour which gives you the impression to be in a haunted place. There was about fifteen girls, each one glaring at me like a if I was a kind alien.

“ Now sleep. Tomorrow your schedule will be distributed to you.” without asking questions I jumped on the bed allocated to me and soon fell asleep.

*********************************************************************************

People were chasing me and I was in a strange place. Everywhere was dark and I was scared and seeking for help. It was like I was running away from  something or someone and I was going somewhere. But I actually don’t know where. But soon I’ve found myself in a dead end with no escape and the scary people surrounded me. One of them came to me and stated to pull me by the hair.

“Wake up. I said wake up”

But all I was doing was crying, screaming and trying to run away from his hold.

“Wake up. Please.” Said the person.

“please don’t hurt me, please! Please, I beg. Noooooooooooooo……” and  suddenly I was back in the room with a lot of unknown faces watching me with concern.                            

“ It’s fine. You were just having a bad dream. Everything is fine.” one of the dorm girls reassured me. She seems so gentle and friendly that I instantly felt more at ease and soon re fell asleep.

DING. DING.DING.

“ What’s happening?” I woke up the next day finding everybody rushing right and left.

“We have to ready. Don’t you want to go to class?”  the girl who was comforting me yesterday said.

“She is so stupid” A tall red head girl all dressed in black told me. She is seems scary and rebel. Everybody in the dorm seems to fear her but however, I don’t know why but it’s like I knew she was torn from the inside.
"Don't listen to them" said the girl from last night. "She is new and unused here. We all find it difficult now just imagine how she is feeling.. by the way im Clara. Don't hesitate to call me if you need something. Okey? "
"Yeah sure. Thank you very much "

"My pleasure eeuuhmm??

"Artemis"

"Artemis. Like the greek gods?".

"I think so" i replied unsure what to answer.

I got into the clothes found on my bed and followed the other girls. I soon found myself in a large, silver colored room where many people around my age were going to and fro.

“ There you are, I searched you everywhere. Here is your time table. Now go to your class, I think you have ‘history of the world’ first”. It was the woman who found me the previous day. “ By the way, im Annabelle. And if you have any problem or anything to share please know that I’m here.”

“Thank you but I’ll be okay” I somehow found her behavior very odd. Why does she want me to share my things with her.

The more I think about it and the more confused im getting. Waking up in an explosion, not remembering anything, the weird anonymous note. What am I exactly. And who are these people and why do they live in an underground? Many question were travelling my mind at that moment but I know that whatever answer I wanted I have to trust no one. Exept James.???