Being human

Four days have passed since the explosion and I got admitted in the training centre of all the people around my age, here in an underground. I was starting to understand more about what master told me before he died.

These people were unaware of the world. They lived in an underground world. But I saw how beautiful it is on the surface when I was fleeing from the explosion to come here. But anyhow I have to follow what master told and keep this a secret for me until I find this “James” and understand more about myself.

But in the meanwhile I must say Im starting to love it here. Different from the lab and the experiments.

“ Hey blondie. Where the hell were you? I was waiting” this is my best friend, Clara. Yep herself. We got so used to each other these few days that we became best buddies.

“Im sooooo sorry. Forgive me majesty I was peeing” I said in an almost filmy style which made her explode in laughter.

“wow beauty. Watch your step”

“Im sorry Jace ,I was not watching where I go” I replied in a rude tone. I despised that guy. He was the jerk of this institute.

“ Leave her alone Jace. Let’s go , we have have training” and he come. The most intelligent, first in everything, strongest and hottest of all males here, Drake Hudsman. I don’t fid him ‘hot’ though, he is just rude and take pleasure that the other girls drool over him. But HA, not me. Maybe I was not used to these hormonal things. I was breed and brought up differently. And I can say….. he hates that. But who cares?

Throwing me a glare and smirk, he made his way past me and went away.

“ I hate the way they are after me since I’m here”

“ You are kidding me? You are the prettiest and hottest girl I’ve ever seen. And with that I blushe

“ and you are the sweetest”.

Twenty minutes later the bell rang.  We had history class. I kind of noticed something here, these kids are like robot, always history classes or training, which is slowly increasing my alertness. WEIRD.

Clara and  I made our way to the class and of course since we were we got seats separately. She sat on the second row while I made my way to the free desk which was nest to.. What? No way I sit next to mister arrogant Drake.

“Miss Artemis, please sit down. In case you don’t know a chair is made to sit. Sit now.” With that I got taken aback and sat immediately.

Mr Morgol, one of the eldest and weirdest person here. Why? Always emphasize on how much the world is destroyed or dangerous out there……blablabla.. He was in his late sixties but believe he looked fully fit for his age.  He seems one of the one who persistently don’t want people to go out of this underground.

“ Let’s start. So today” he exclaimed while writing something on the wall. “……how the world has disappeared”. What the hell. Day by day I was getting frustrated on the thing they taught to these people.

“ its been 57 years exactly since the day happened. The world was victim of human wars, bombs, nuclear energy  and many more. All this because of the egoistic want of power of humans. Till one day, the biggest war ever has been declared. This caused half of the population of Earth to extinct. No form of life exists out there, it’s just toxic gasses.  The outside world was always a terrible place with a lot of cruelty. And we are blessed ones, who have been found and saved by the “Futurnix Organisation”. Many did but not us. This is why we train you to be soldiers, so that you can protect yourself and our people, you become brave, fearless and ready for anything. When you are ready we will go out there and fight the enemy and make a better world.”

Okey… so this is the fake belief which was inculcated in the young people. I can’t believe.

“ Excuse me Sir”.. Oupss, what did I do.. key frustration alert, frustratin alert…..

“ Yes miss, any problem”

“ Sir, the world was created many decade back. At the time it was a peaceful place”

“ Right Miss Artemis”

“ we are always taught about the war and after war, but what happened before the war. I mean what has been the reason for this war?”.

And with that, believe me he became like a tomoto. He didn’t know what to reply.

“Miss Artemis. How dare you ask this question? Were you questioning my teaching?”

“What? No”. okey now sure, he was overeacting.amd I think, for one I kind of unlock the gate to the questioning of the other youngsters. Artemis one…. Bad professor zero.

“ I think Artemis asked right professor” woooow… was I dreaming. My arrogant was siding with me.  “ yeah, we are always taught that we have to fight and defend our people, but against what? And why is the world so dangerous? What is our enemies?”

Mr Morgol was left speechless and his next reponse was…… “ Classed dismissed”.

“ oh my god, what was that? And why did you ask a question like that?”. Clara was bombarding me with questions as we were leaving the classroom. I trust her and sometimes I want to reveal my identity to her but then I remember the words of my master. I will tell her one day, because I hate having her fooled by this organization but first, I have to find James and know more about myself.

“ That’s what  I was wondering. I thought you don’t have a tongue, you never talk too much”. Drake.

“ When I find something weird or that  don’t understand I askand you should do the same more often it will help you in not getting fooled”.. okay, I said too much. Fuck.

“ What do you mean”

“ uhhh nothing, just like that”. But by the wat he was looking at me it doesn’t seem he believed me.

But I got surprise by his next move. He slowly bent down to my ears whispering to me ....okey what's he doing?

Is he going to kiss..oh my god, these lips, the jawlines,...what the.. bad bad Artemis
“ if you know anything about the surface, you can trust me and share”.  With that he winked at me and left, walking straight  without turning back.

What was that? I thought to myself. This was really suspicious. Can it be the reason why he always look at me as if he wanted to decode something? Does he know anything about what is happening, about the experiments? Who’s side is he? Should is ask for him?

At that moment questions were invading my mind like parasites , so I decided to go to my room and rest . I’ll feel better. Maybe……….