Chapter 5

Camerons POV
I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. I see that it's Ryder’s phone, I quietly pick up the phone or the night stand and walk out of the room, careful not to wake her up.
“hello”
“hi is this Ryder”
“her brother, now why did you call.”
“this is the hospital, we have an update on your father”
-------

Ryder’s POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed and as I looked around I realized that I was in Cameron's room. There were trophies everywhere, and various awards for that matter. I look at his night stand and see a picture of him with a little girl on his shoulders, she looks to be four or five in the picture.

I suddenly remember last night's events and start sobbing, I want him to be okay. I look for my phone, only to find it not here. I know I had it last night. Cameron must have it. I wipe the tears off my face and head to the kitchen where I smelled something good. I see a shirtless Cameron making pancakes. Just saying, but he's kinda hot. I SAID KINDA.

“Hey sleepyhead” he says breaking the silence.
“hi” I say wiping my eyes.
“hungry?” he asks as he puts some chocolate chip pancakes on a plate.
I just nod my head.
“good” he says putting a plate of pancakes in front of me.
“thank you”
“yep”

After breakfast Cameron says that he need to talk to me. I hope it's not about my dad. Cameron Leads me to the living room where he sits on a fairly large couch and I sit next to him. He turns to me and starts to speak.
“um I'm not quite sure how to say this but, um well I got a call this morning saying that your father, we'll, he passed away late last night. I'm sorry Ryder.” he explained.
“NO! HE CAN'T BE DEAD. No.” I screamed at no one in particular.
“I'm sorry pumpkin” he quietly says. I just continue to cry. Cameron opens his arms for me, which I gladly accept. Cameron just let's me cry into his chest.

He can't be dead. He is my only family. I love him too much. Why.

Cameron just held me in his arms. I think he even started silently crying. After what felt like forever he pulled back.

“I'm sorry pumpkin but there is more” he says as he wipes my tears. You can clearly see sadness in his eyes. His eyes just  don't have there devilish sparkle like they always do.

What more could there be. Isn't my only family leaving me forever enough for one day. I just want the day to be over. I just want to sleep. But there's more.

Authors Note

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is kinda short I am working on another chapter right now! I will update some time in the next few days too! I hope you like my book so far and please share and vote if you do. Thank you!

Love ya
-Stephany