chapter seven.

emily's pov-

it's been about a week since my dad kicked me out. i've been staying with ashley, but today i decided to go by my house while my dad wasn't there so that i could talk to my mom.

i drove to the house and slowly made my way to the door. i walked in and went to find my mom.

"mom?" i asked.

"emily?"

"where are you?"

"in my room."

i walked down the hall to her room and went in.

"what are you doing here?" my mom asks. she looks like she hasn't slept in days.

"i came to talk to you about everything that happened."

"oh honey, come here." i walked closer to her and sat on the bed next to her.

"your dad was just upset. we talked about it after a few days and he realized he wasn't being fair."

"so i can come home?"

"of course."

...

(later that day)

i was sitting on the couch with my mom watching one of her tv shows when my phone buzzed. i looked down to see what it was and it was a text from shawn.

shawn:
hey, i was wondering if you might want to hangout today?

me:
um sure, you can come to my house?

shawn:
ok! just text me the address

i texted him the address and about ten minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"ill get it." i said getting up.

i opened the door and was met with a very smiley shawn.

"hi." i said with a smile.

"hello." he said back and hugged me.

he walked in and before i could go upstairs my mom stops us.

"oh my, is that shawn mendes?"

"the one and only." he says with a grin walking towards my mom.

"what on earth are you doing here?" she says hugging him.

"emily and i became friends again."

"well good. i'm so glad to see you again." she says.

"mom, we're going to my room." i say as i grab shawn's wrist and pull him up the stairs.

...

"so what do you want to do?" i ask him.

"wanna have a movie night?"

"sounds good to me. what movie?"

"the hunger games movies?"

"oh my gosh, yes! those are my favorites!"

i put in the first dvd and got in my bed. shawn sat at the front of my bed on the floor.

"shawn, what are you doing?" i asked.

"i'm sitting on the floor so you can have the bed."

"you can come up here too." i said laughing.

he got up and i scooted over and lifted up the covers so that he could get underneath them.

...

we were about halfway through the first movie when shawn put his arm around me and pulled me closer, my stomach erupted in butterflies. i laid my head on his chest and he laid his head on mine.

-----

so this chapter is terrible because i've had major writers block these past few weeks so just bare with me.