Wish on a Star - Jack Grealish

Lauren and Jack had grown up together, been through everything, and had slowly grown feelings for each other.

They'd grown those feelings to the point where today was their 2 year anniversary...of dating that is.

And Jack was going to make it special, of course. He had really turned his life around a couple years ago, and he was determined to make sure he did it right this time. He wasn't about to let Lauren down on a special day.

He knew Lauren would be surprised but also love everything he had planned for her. She was his princess, and that would never change.

•••

Lauren arrives home to her and Jack's apartment from study group to find an envelope on the door.

Dear Lauren,
Happy 2 year anniversary, love! I hope you are ready for the best night ever.

XOXO Jack, your Prince Charming <3

She smiles to herself but notices something small at the bottom.

p.s. Check the kitchen!

She unlocks the front door, grabs the note, kicks off her shoes, and walks into the kitchen. She smiles at the bouquet of chocolate bars, instantly remembering what Jack said on their first date...something about not being able to eat just one piece. You gotta eat the whole bar.

She begins eating a bar of chocolate as she grabs a second note next to the bouquet.

I know how much you love chocolate, but then again, who doesn't? I hope you enjoy them! But save enough room for my sweet lips.

XOXO Jack <3

p.s. Your next surprise is in our room ;)

With a smile on her face, Lauren basically sprints to the bedroom, too excited to see what's next.

She finds a necklace box sitting on the bed, another piece of paper underneath it. She slowly opens the box, and her mouth opens wide as she stares at the silver-chained necklace inside, a small blue charm sitting at the end. The charm is two letters sort of melted together, J and L.

She reads the next note.

Why don't you put the necklace on and stop staring at it? :) Anyway, your next and final gift is in the closet.

XOXO Jack <3

Lauren smiles at his cheesiness before moving into the closet. She finds 3 boxes tied together: one large box, one medium box, and one small box.

She opens the large box to find a red dress. Inside the medium box, she finds a pair of black heels. And inside the third and final box, she finds perfume, Lauren's favorite to be exact.

Put the stuff on and your prince will be waiting.

She puts the clothes on and sprays a little perfume where it's necessary. But did jack really have to give her heels? Lauren is like, the bigger klutz ever.

She takes one final look in the mirror, and then makes her way to the main area.

"You look even more beautiful than I thought you were," Jack says, walking out of the kitchen. Lauren goes into a bright pink blush, not sure what to say.

"Well, thank you, but you didn't have to buy me this stuff," she says.

"You're right, I didn't have to. I wanted to," he says, taking her hand, "and I'm glad I did."

He kisses her cheek before guiding her out to their grassy patio space, where a picnic is awaiting.

"Wow, Jack. This is impressive," she says.

"I decided not to do food since I don't know two shits about cooking," he says, making Lauren laugh, "so, I went with cake because why not?"

"You're right, cake is great," she says, smiling at him.

He gives her a piece of the still-warm cake, and smiles as he watches her eat some.

"You look really beautiful," he says again.

"You've only mentioned it twice now. Shut up, don't distract me from my cake," she replies, making him grin.

After a couple minutes of small talk about their days and how their friends are, Lauren finally finishes her cake.

"I love you so much," Jack says, going in for a kiss, but Lauren puts her finger to his lips.

"I'm still swallowing cake," she says.

"Damn, you eat slow," he says, remaining in his position.

"It's cake, I was trying to make it last as long as I could," she says, rolling her eyes. "I love you too, Jack."

She meets his lips with hers and they share a good 2 minute makeout session.

The next minute, they're laid out on the blanket, Jack's arm around her and Lauren snuggling into his chest.

"Happy anniversary, my love," he says, kissing her head. "Look, you should wish on that shooting star."

She smiles and takes his hand.

"This is all that I've ever wished for: you and me happy...together," she says.

It was true. She didn't want anything else besides this, and neither did Jack.

-----
For HakunaJuanMata- ! I hope you like it!💙

Byeeeeeee✌🏻