A Second Chance At Love

Part One

"Why? Why? Just why?" I asked.

"Why did this all have to happen?" On the verge on tears, I crumbled to the floor.

Gathering myself up, I headed for the roof top. Since it was raining, I thought it would be great to break down there. I sighed.

I could feel the rain fall on my skin now. Hear the heavy drops fall on the roof. I could feel the rain collide with my tears. I could sense it all.

He left. I thought. Why did he leave me? That was all I ever kept asking myself. Over and over again.

"WHY CARTER? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?" I shouted to the dark, grey sky. I could feel the tears pour freely now. All the grief and pain... I couldn't help it. I just cried, and cried for god knows how long.

I collapsed on the roof. Whispering "Why? Why did you die?". I could feel what's left of my aching heart now brake into a tiny million pieces.

"Why god?!" I shouted. "WHY DID YOU TAKE HIM?!" I just kept asking these meaningless questions. On and on. Even though I knew that nothing, nothing in the world could bring him back.

Footsteps behind me... Who could it be? I couldn't do anything anymore. I couldn't even turn my head to see who it was. It felt as if this lifeless body of mine was only programmed to cry and mourn.

"Sammie?" I heard my brother softly call out me name. He sat beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Sam... Come on. Would he want to see you like this?" He said to me. Hearing David mention him only made me cry even harder.

"You knew this was probably gonna happen anyway..." He said sounding strained. "I know... I just... Didn't expect it... To be so soon..." I said in between sobs.

"Oh gosh, Sam... Please don't cry. I'm sorry!" He said. Trying his best to comfort me. "Please don't cry sis. You've been like this for days already!" He said heartbroken.

Well, he doesn't know how much MY heart was broken during the incident.

"David... I can't. It's just... I miss him so much." I said in between hiccups, crying harder and harder. Clutching the dog-tag he gave. It had been made just for me.

It said '9-24-09' (symbolizing the day we officially became a couple) on one side, and on the other, engraved in small letters: 'You make my world go round. I love you. - C.W.' for Carter White.

I know it was cheesy, but we were really in love. We were sure of it.

Not knowing what to say, David just sat there with me. Holding me silently.

I was there balling my eyes out till I fell asleep.

I could feel myself being lifted back inside. I continued drifting asleep, knowing I'd only be woken up by that nightmare again.

My small, frail body was gently placed down on the bed.

I could feel David's eyes on me. Those big blue eyes obviously filled with worry and anxiety.

I could hear his soft footsteps make their way to my door.

"Sleep well Sammie." He whispered into the darkness.

- - - - - -

HALLER.

Another story. XD

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE ITTT ! :D

Don't forget to comment and vote and yeh. =))